Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP future strategy around Scope Items BH1, BH2 & BJ2 in Private Cloud Edition

Riyaj
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

9 Phase Model Vs Traditional Maintenance methods [ 4HH, 4HI Vs BH1, BH2 & BJ2]

I found, for SAP Best Practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud Public Edition, Asset management scope Items BH1, BH2 & BJ2 scope items are excluded from default activation (that means they are Deprecated) Whereas in SAP Best Practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud Private Edition all scope items are available (for activation).

Question here - if client is going with Private cloud edition, can they still use processes around scope items BH1, BH2 & BJ2 as they will remain activated and not deprecated in near future? (May be for next 3-4 years’ time span)

As I understand scope items BH1,BH2,BJ2 are deprecated from 2302 release in public cloud and replaced with 4HH and 4HI, But still in case client requirements to not to go ahead with 9 Phase model in private cloud edition, Is it still valid proposition to suggest these scope items?

I couldn’t find clear answer on this in SAP road map explorer or anywhere else hence reaching out to wider group of experts here.

Any comments or suggestions are highly appreciated in terms of guiding client(s) into right direction during process adaptation, Considering SAP future strategy around Scope Items BH1, BH2 & BJ2.

BR,

Riyaj

Sanjeev_Kumar
Associate
Associate

Hi Riyaj,

Currently there are no plans to deprecate Best Practices BH1, BH2 and BJ2 from Private Cloud. Customers are allowed to utilize these best practices, but we highly recommend adopting new best practices 4HH and 4HI. Most of the innovation will take place in these new best practices.

Regards, Sanjeev

Tim_Jones
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Riyaj,

Whilst not technically depreciated, I would advise against using the previous scope items BH1, BH2, BJ2. They had their place up until SAP S/4HANA 2021 when the new 'Phase Model' came out, and a series of standard Fiori apps were released across the maintenance work management process aligned to it.

• Instead of BH1, we now have 4HH Reactive Maintenance.
  • Instead of BJ2, we now have 4HI Proactive Maintenance.
  • Instead of BH2, (whilst the Report Malfunction App still works), I would recommend looking at the 4HH Reactive Maintenance Test Script and the 'Processing Context' of emergency maintenance instead.

These later scope items (4HH, 4HI) utilise the Phase-based approach and help to streamline maintenance management, improve KPI oversight and problem detection. There are a few blog posts on this forum that walk through the phases and the associated Fiori apps, but also refer to the test scripts for the apps mentioned.

If a customer uses the previous scope items (BH1, BJ2), then there is no guarantee that the standard Fiori apps delivered by SAP will work accordingly for the non-phase model maintenance orders, notifications.

As more innovations come out on the roadmap, I expect this functionality gap to widen.

To give you a brief example of one of the impacts if you try and force a 'non phase model' maintenance order / notification to use the new Fiori apps.

Screenshot below is the 'Screen Maintenance Requests' Fiori app, and I have tried to approve a Notification via this app. In the brown box is typically where you would see the 'approve / reject' quick actions to set the relevant phase/subphase (Accepted, Rejected, Action Required), but due to this notification not being phase model relevant, those options are not shown to the end user, meaning I cant approve a Notification via this app.

Tim_Jones_0-1727758795710.png

Hope this gives you some context,

Tim

Riyaj
Explorer
0 Kudos
Thanks Sanjeev, appreciated. Thanks, Tim, for detail explanation and clarification on 4HH and 4HI scope items This clarity gives consultant to advice clients on their process adaptation and transformation journey with regards to 4HH and 4HI. Cheers.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)