cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Business One and Crystal Reports

Former Member

Please use this thread to ask questions about utilising Crystal Reports and SAP Business One.

I will endeavour to answer your questions as soon as I can.

If you are a partner, dont forget to view the [enablement content|https://websmp109.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000172952008E/] on the Channel Partner Portal.

Edited by: Richard Duffy on Jun 17, 2008 10:57 PM

annemcurle
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I have a query in relation to BI Next Generation Launchpad and Crystal Reports. The Crystal report designed has an embedded signature. When I run the report through Crystal reports the signature displays, and when I export to pdf the signature displays. As soon as I load the Report to the BI Next Generation launchpad and run the report, the signature appears as an icon and on export the signature is blank.

Any suggestions on how to fix this please

View Entire Topic
Former Member

Hi.

Can you provide some Examples or a Start Guide or a Tutorial?!

Thanks.

richardduffy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You can find help files and elearning links on the landing page [here|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/webcontent/uuid/807d22cb-cb1d-2b10-8794-fb76d7feca88 [original link is broken]]

Edited by: Richard Duffy on Jun 18, 2008 9:16 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

C'mon! Not even a visualizer integrated in Business One?!?!

Do you really have to launch the visualizer in a .NET form?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does it work with Crystal Reports 11?

Myran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Myran,

It does.Crystal versions 2008 and below.

richardduffy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jon,

If there are specific enhancements you would like to see please let us know and feel free to contribute to the project as well.

This is a code sample so it is open for anyone to add to or adapt.

Cheers

Richard Duffy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sir,

We are using SAP B1 2005 B. Will this add-on works with 2005 B?

or with 2007 onwards?

Regards,

Ashish

richardduffy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

It will work with 2005B and 2007B

Cheers

Edited by: Richard Duffy on Jun 21, 2008 8:04 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings,

Richard, this is indeed great news! I've just a few quick questions:

On the end user / customer end, I believe the SAP Business One Integration Add-On / Crystal Reports (CR) is free (or should be maintained by the Business Partner). So this being the case, the client should not need to buy Crystal Reports (as long as they dont want to amend the RPT file layout). Am I correct to say so?

On the Business Partner's end, we will need to purchase Crystal Reports in order to edit / create new RPT files. Which edition will we need to purchase? There are 2 versions out (if I'm not mistaken) Crystal Reports and Crystal Reports Visual Advantage. What about Crystal Report Server? When does that bit of software come into play?

richardduffy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You are correct that it is free and that if the customer does not want to amend existing or create new reports then they do not need to buy Crystal Reports 2008.

In order for partners to create or edit reports you will need a copy of Cystal Reports 2008.

Visual Advantage also includes Xcelsius Engage 2008 and is better value as it offers the 2 products in a discounted fashion through the bundle.

Crystal Reports Server gives you the ability to automate the scheduled execution and distribution of the reports as well as provide a portal based access to the reports so it is an additional component but the baseline you always need is Crystal Reports 2008.

Make sense?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great Richard, clears up a few questions (since I need to put something together to brief my management) on the functions, features and cost (both to the us the Partner and the client).

Also, since the source code is being made available, we can work at updating the add-on and looking at enhanced features.

former_member201110
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've tried installing the source code and although the C# solution is created, the project is missing most of the classes and forms (the ones in subfolders). These .cs files are not getting created by the source code installer. Is anyone else getting this problem?

Kind Regards,

Owen

richardduffy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Owen,

I will be posting an updated source code installer later today which addresses this issue.

Cheers

Richard Duffy

ismaelquionesga
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Owen. I have exactly the same problem. I just can get the visual basic 6.0 source code (too old, the visualizer has less options to the user, for example, for printing), but i cannot get the .cs for C# (which is the best one). Do to you have a solution for this?anyone?

Cheers!