cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Asset Manager 2010, MDK - Using multiple checkboxes in Grid Table

0 Kudos

Hello,

We are looking to create a custom UI for SAP Asset Manager 2010 using MDK, where a user can select multiple operations (like a batch) at a time (from a table/grid table) and select multiple checkboxes which will have different options for that operation like "Work Done", "Not Ok" etc. I've tried using grid table but was not able to use checkboxes inside the table. Can any of you please let me know if this can be achieved using grid table or are there any different controls/design approaches I need to look into to achieve this?

Thanks in advance!

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

srgangireddy

Were you able to resolve your issue? If any of the below responses helped you, then please mark the helpful answer by accepting it OR post an answer so others might benefit from your findings and then close this discussion.

Regards,
Jitendra (SAP Community Moderator)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

For a grid table please keep in mind that on a phone it will render as an Object Table list automatically.

What you are describing is a multi-select scenario. Please review the following for suggestions on how you can approach that today.

MDK Multi select Confirm

How to implement Checkmark and multiple selection using MDK?

We are working on adding a multi-select mode for Object Tables into MDK as more of a pre-built feature for a future release but in the meantime this should hopefully get you going.

--Bill

0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick response, Bill. We are actually looking to add multiple checkboxes for each row inside a table which should look similar to the sample screenshot attached here. From your previous suggestions, if we use onPress action, I assume it would select/deselect entire row but I would like to use the checkboxes independently. Please check and let me know if my understanding is incorrect here.

gridtable-sam.png

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Grid Table does not support cell level on press actions. It is an onPress for the entire row. You might be able to use images to show your checkbox states and in the onPress show a popover menu to toggle the states of the columns. This would not translate well to phone however if that is a supported device type for the screen.

Alternatively you could create a custom extension control to render the grid and in there you could include multiple click handlers for each checkbox as needed.