Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running MMPV before month end

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

We execute MMPV at midnight on day -1, as I'm sure most companies do

We are implementing a new month end schedule and as a consequence we are closing accounts payable early, on day -4 and opening up the new period for K in OB52

We need AP staff to enter logistics invoices into the next period on the last four days of the month using MIRO, but to do this we need the logistics period to be open as well as the finance period.

So MMPV needs to be run early. What are the consequences? The current period will be the next period and the previous period will be the current period (when viewing MMRV) but as we are not posting into the actual prevoius period I can't see that this will have any effect on sales, stock movements etc.

Thansk

Richard

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

When you run MMPV, if you have 2 periods, if you open 07.2010, then you close 05.2010 in logistics and you cannot do PGI (movements MM) in period 5 or IR with MIRO in period 5.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone, i tested in a test box and sales, invoices posted fine. We don't post into prevous period towards month end so that is not a problem. We also don't use product costing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Richard,

One of my team member accidently ran MMPV during the month but this didn't make any difference.

MMPV is just technical step. It will change current period and previous period in table MBEW.

There is couple of minor issue.

For example if you run MMPV today and next period 07 opened then this mean you can't do post anything on period 05. Because previous period is 06. You can do post into previous period and current period.

On above case, the other issue is some stock report - for example MB5L - will not show you 05 period because option is current period, previous period and previous year.

Kind Regards,

Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

One area that it does make a difference is if you are using Product Costing. If you MMPV early and have standard cost estimates for the month that have not been released, you will not be able to release them. You don't mention CO-PC, so I guess this restriction doesn't apply to you?