cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return indicator not visible in ME21N and error message "Shipping data for plant required in ARM"

ennouhif
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello expert,

The return indicator EKPO-RETPO is not visible in my PO return type. I tried to make the field visible in the screen layout NBF but the field is not available.

I tried to change in configuration of grid in these screens. The detail for manupulation is to active by unchecking invisible checkbox in Administrator tool as the picture below.

Whenever I click on Activate button, system shows message like "Setting throughout the system have been activated", but Item return checkbox still is hide. Until now, I have stucked here and cannot to show item return checkbox in item overview grid.

I activated the ARM for supplier but i have an error msg while saving the PO, "Shipping data for plant required in ARM". I checked some sap notes : My supplier is marked as Return suppier (LFM1-KZRET) and the material has been extended to the sales area.

Could you please give me a hand to resolve for this issue. This is very urgent now. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RAHEEL_BABAR
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The SAP error message "Shipping data for plant required in ARM" occurs when you try to create an Advanced Returns Purchase Order (rSTO) and the shipping data for the plant is not available. This can happen for a number of reasons, including:

• The delivery type for the rSTO is not set up correctly.
  • The vendor master record for the receiving plant does not have the Returns Vendor Indicator set.
  • There is no vendor master record assigned to the receiving plant.

To resolve this error, you need to check the following settings:

1. Delivery type: Make sure that the delivery type for the rSTO is set up correctly. The delivery type should be set to "RL" for return deliveries.
  2. Vendor master record: Make sure that the vendor master record for the receiving plant has the Returns Vendor Indicator set.
  3. Receiving plant: Make sure that there is a vendor master record assigned to the receiving plant.

Furthermore, refer to this SAP Note:

2982468 - Error 'MSR_MM 004' when creating rSTO

Regards

ennouhif
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Raheel,

Thank you for answer.

The problem is that I'm trying to make a direct supplier return (PO and then delivery via VL10B) and not STO transfer between plants.

I'm running the BMK scope item.