Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Results Analysis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Every body,

I am new to SAP.

Can anyone advise me towards some useful information on Results Analysis,

Am aiming to understand Results Analysis from SAP Cost Controlling perspective and how the data is collected and calculated?

I have already studied all the sap library documentation related to Results Analysis, there are so many transactions mentioned and i m very much confused.

There is much theoretical information available but no practical implementation info is available.

Kindly guide me through the entire process and sequence of the Results Analysis

Like which t-code should be executed first and what are the pre-requisites and whatu2019s the output of each transaction/process.

what exactly is the need, uses and the output of the Results Analysis?

if any body could provide some readymade notes like pdf etc, APART FROM THE SAP LIBRARY it would be great.

Hoping for an early response and Thanking in advance.

Regards,

M@Q.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use KKA2 for calculating Individual project and KKAJ for carryoing out RA for a no of projects .

Results Analysis is a periodic process that determines the costs and revenues for a period based on planned costs and revenues and the Percentage Of Completion (POC).

By comparing these results with actual postings recorded previously in Financial Accounting, the analysis provides postings in Financial Accounting (WIP, reserves). Also, a few results can be posted to Profitability Analysis to ensure that the period results in Financial Accounting are the same as those recognized in Profitability Analysis.

The first stage of results analysis involves calculating the following values:

u2022 Inventory values

u2022 Reserves for unrealized costs

u2022 Reserves for imminent loss

u2022 Reserves for complaints/warranties and commissions

u2022 . CostofSales

Below are the 15 methods for RA depending on the requirment:

01 - Revenue proportionality - with realization of profit

• 02 - Revenue proportionality - with no realization of profit if actual

revenue < plan costs

• 03 - Cost proportional POC method

• 04 - Quantity proportional method

• 05 - Quantity proportional POC method

• 06 - POC method based on revenue planned by period

• 07 - POC method based on project progress analysis

• 08 - Derive costs of sales from resource-related billing

• 09 - Completed contract method

• 10 - Determine stock without plan costs without milestone billing

• 11 - Determine stock without plan costs with milestone billing

• 12 - Determine stock and reserves for follow-up costs without milestone

billing

• 13 - Determine WIP for actual costs in objects not bearing revenues

• 14 - Derive costs of sales from resource-related billing of dynamic

line items

• 15 - Derive revenues from resource-related billing of dynamic line items

Muzamil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Assalam Mr. Muzammil, my name is Muzaffar.

Thanks for the information,

I am interested in working with the 15th method resource-related billing of dynamic line items

I would be very much grateful if you could help me on this topic and provide some assistance and readymade notes like pdf etc, APART FROM THE SAP LIBRARY if possible and available.

Thanking you in advance. bye have a great day.

Regards,

M@Q.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

this is pdf documentation from sap help... (i dont know if that is included in what you mean by sap library)

anyway JUST IN CASE you dont have this yet, here is a link to pdf document to PS Revenues and Earning. See topics on results analysis and resource related billing.

http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/en/data/pdf/PSREV/PSREV.pdf

really, learning SAP is quite hard to learn especially if you do self study. you have to do lots of testing and explore the system...

rgds.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the results analysis method Derive Revenue from Resource-Related Billing and Simulation of Dynamic Items for:

1.Sales orders

2.Projects

3.Service orders with revenue, internal orders with revenue

The cost of sales is derived from the resource-related billing with dynamic items. The cost of sales is calculated in the amount of the actual costs incurred according to the DIP profile.

Please go through the link below :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_di471/helpdata/EN/90/ba6f37446711d189420000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Muzamil

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

thanks for that information that was very helpful, thanx once again.

i have already gone through the sap help you mentioned, that is much confusing.

one thing i m unable to figure out still i.e., where can i select the method i wanna choose out of the 15 methods you mentioned in the previous post.

And also whats this dynamic items and how and where shall i create/get this resouce related bill.

(it means if i wanna use 15th method for result analysis, i'll have to maintain the resourse related bills for the project or sales order and thats a pre-requisite. right?)

in that case i request you to help me understand how to create/maintain the resource related bills, PLZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks.

Regards

M@Q.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For RRB,you need to configure DIP Profile.Check out in IDES some DIP Profiles are created there and test them.

Also for RA Config,check the settings in IDES so that you can get idea about this.

Muzamil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please explain what are the calculated costs and revenue and Revenue aff. net income in the RA Analsysis.

Regards