cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reservation for Movement Type 309

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have came across a unique business scenario in which we have to move stock from Valuated material to Non-Valuated material.

Example is: One Material with Type ROH - Raw Materials

One Material with Type UNBW - Non Valuated Materials

Department will request warehouse to Transfer some quantity from ROH material to UNBW material. After receiving the material, department will use the UNBW material for their working.

As SAP is not allowing Reservation for Mvt Type 309, I have created a new Mov. Type 910 in which I mention the "Reservation Category" to "U" and enable the Cost Center, Receiving Material, Receiving Plant, Receiving Store Location field. Also I have checked the table (T156-RSTYP) and I found the entries there.

Now when I am running MB21, I am getting all the field except Receiving Material. Could anyone has idea why this field is not appearing.

If this is not possible (as I am not sure how system behaves with Accounting entry), could anyone give advice about how to accomplish that scenario.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would expect that you got error message M7 500 Reservation for & is not possible. (Choose another movement type)

Creating a new movement type will not change the situation as it is not an error message based on the number "309".  There are different indicators in the movement type tables that are tested when this message is issued. And since you can only create a new movement type by copy of an existing movement type, the situation will certainly not change.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes, with respect to movement type 309, I got the error message and it is because of the "Reservation Category" defined as blank.

I therefore created a new movement type by assigning the Reservation Cat "U". In that case the thing which I am not getting is why only the Receiving Material field is not appearing and all are appearing.

Regards

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How did you assign the Reservation Cat "U".?  Hard table update?

U means stock transfer - and in a stock transfer is the receiving material equal to the sending material.

former_member183155
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all ;

In sap standart :

** Material-to-material (309) transfer postings **

1- You cannot be preplanned via a reservation.

2- You can be posted for materials with same unit of measure.

3- You can be posted only from unrestricted-use stock of the issuing material to unrestricted-use stock of the receiving material.

Regards.

M.Ozgur Unal

Former Member
0 Kudos

No hard table update. SAP itself allows when you create a new Movement Type. It disables only for the standard movement types but it enable the fields when you create new movement type.

Also it took the values in the table as well.

No the receiving material is Non-Valuated(UNBW) and the sending material is Valuated (ROH).

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

My question is:

1) Why is not possible to preplanned the 309 movement via reservation?

Well that is why I created new movement type and allowing the reservation category as "U".

2) Why we cannot do 309 posting with the same class of UOM i.e. G/KG (if conversion has been defined then it should allow).

But yes it restrict the posting and you have to do the stock adjustment.

Regards,

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

...because SAP has it not designed, and because the help files would be wrong as they explicitly tell:

They cannot be used for transfer postings, because transfer postings are not planned in advance

Inventory Management and Physical Inventory (MM-IM) - SAP Library

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is referring to some Stock Transfer Reservation. Please let me know how can we do it without MRP.

In our business industry, we have a very genuine business requirement of transferring stock from ROH to UNBW.

Regards

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes it is saying that reservation are possible for STOCK TRANSFERS, if they are one-step transfers

but the important sentence for you, since movement 309 is a TRANSFER POSTING is then one I copied earlier: They cannot be used for transfer postings, because transfer postings are not planned in advance

Really try to locate this sentence, I over-read it twice before I realized it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please let me know how to do ONE-STEP TRANSFER.

Is there any other way to fulfill the scenario which I mentioned above?

Regards

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

a one step transfer is for example a 311 movement, that is not an alternative for you.

An alternative is a production order.

If you don't have PP, then you may consider to use 201 movement to goods issue material A and 202 movement to receive material B.

For the 201 movement you can create a reservation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

Can you check in OMJJ for 910 MT, in Field selection (enjoy) have you maintain UMMAT field as required or not and in Allowed Transactions MB21 T-code is maintained or not. If any of these two are not maintained then please maintain and do the testing once again.

Thanks and Regards

Arun Kumar Sahoo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, screenshot attached

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Imran,

Can you inform why the cost center field is there and it was marked as mandatory. As far as my knowledge when the material will transfered to another material then the value of sending material will transfered to receiving material value either in same or different plant.

So can you please remove the cost center field from reservation screen for 910 MT and check again.

Thanks and Regards

Arun Kumar Sahoo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun

I have tried without Cost Center as well but no success. For information, I included Cost Center because as I mentioned that One Material is ROH (Valuated) and other is UNBW (Non-Valuated). So system will not be able to transfer the value as other material is non-valuated.

To cater this, I enabled the cost center in a way that system will issue the material cost on the cost center and the other non-valuated material will get the quantity update.

Regards

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you copied it from any standard movement type ?

Have you tested the below :

Go to OMBW, double click on the movement type, then double click on Transfer Postings and make the field Receiving Material as optional or required for the movement type 910.

If you are not able to see the movement type in OMBW, then go to OMJJ, select movement type, enter 910, then select Field selection (from 201)/Batch search procedure and double click on the line item, then double click Transfer Postings and make the field Receiving Material as optional or required.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I have copied it from Standard 309.

Yes I have already make all fields as mandatory. Attached is the screenshot of the configuration and MB21 screen.

Regards