cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reports via ABAP class in public cloud

rahulshaktawat
Explorer

HI Expert,

We have many complex reports in sap on premise like purchase register, sales register, GST reports, MIS reports.

All the reports are having loops, index and very complex formulas.

In the public cloud, we can build reports by custom cds view, however there is no option to write loops, FM, or highly complex formulas.

We can write loops and complex formulas in the ABAP class, we wrote our select query there.We also created an o data service for this class, which we then used on BTP to construct a report using the smart table option.

But now we want that ABAP class to be a CDS that we can use in an in-app custom cds app to create a report via in-app extensibility.

Please advise whether it is possible to expose ABAP class output as CDS.

Thanks & Regards,

Rahulraj

JulianoRomanato
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello rahulshaktawat.

How are you? I have excluded the Tag "SAP S/4HANA Cloud" and included the Tag "SAP S/4HANA Cloud ABAP Environment" for this questions, as ABAP Classes are related to ABAP Environment.

Regards.

Juliano Romanato.

Marissa
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We helped you to accept the answer, since there were no updates after 7 days.

You can unaccept it anytime if the answer provided was not helpful enough and you have further questions.

Best regards,

Marissa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Zhehui_Xia
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Rahulraj,

You can read this blog to get some insights that how to create a CDS View using ABAP in Public Cloud. After creating a CDS View, you can select it as a data source and create a new CDS View in APP Custom CDS View.

SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition, ABAP Environment Case 3: Custom CDS View Using ADT | SAP Blogs

Best Regards,

Zhehui

rahulshaktawat
Explorer
0 Kudos

HI Zhehui,

Thanks for your reply.

We are using this way to create custom cds in ADT and further we are using that CDS in In-App also.

But i have some of very complex reports. This reports are having "for all entries", "Read index", "Loops" statement that i can write in ABAP class..

I want that class final table data as CDS instead of o-data service so that I can use it as data source in in-app "Custom CDS App".

We are using that O-data service to create a smart table ON BTP. But i don't want to use BTP.

Regards,

Rahulraj

Answers (0)