Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg: Document Series Issue

former_member237214
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I need a advise for below scenario..  we have created 4 document series for sale order document. Let's say example, SO1,SO2, SO3,SO4..

I have made one sale order using SO2 document series.. while making delivery (Copy from Sale order) document series not copying from sale order.

In Delivery it takes default document series.. Again we have to select manually..  can any one suggest how can we overcome this scenario..

Thanks in Advance...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member237214
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I aware of that settings, Same user may use more than one document series..  In that case how can i use?

Thanks..

narayanis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In that case, close the earlier series so that chance of error will not be that serious and validate the selection of series upon SPTN.

I found this to be the most appropriate.

Regards

Narayani

narayanis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the document numbering setup window, there is an option, "Set As Default".

Have you tried setting the series as default per login

Regards

Narayani

Former Member
0 Kudos

but the sales order number appears at the remarks and dnote number picks original series

former_member237214
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you, please confirm me, which settings i have missed..  so that it will be helpful for us..

Thanks..

Former Member
0 Kudos

do you want the dnote to pick the SO number or?

former_member237214
Participant
0 Kudos

I wanted document series should pick from the Sale order, not document number..

Former Member
0 Kudos

i think there is a setting you missed or checked on numbering series or document setting it should not behave this way

KennedyT21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can try with FMS to achieve it, or you can validate using TNSP and block the entry if the user select the wrong series....

Rgds,

former_member237214
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Kennedy,

Thanks for your immediate response, Already we have made TNSP to block wrong series, my client making sale order, delivery and invoice 100+ per day..  every time they have to select manually in delivery and Invoice..  Apart from  FMS, is there any other way to get it done automatically?

Thanks..