cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Cash Management without AR module implemented

0 Kudos

We are now working on a project where AR Receivables module is not implemented (i.e. there is no AR invoice or customer master created and managed in the system), and all AR transactions are interfaced from an external system back to the S/4HANA as FI document posting. (P.S. But AP Payables module is fully implemented in SAP with BCM activated)

We would like to know whether Cash Management could still be implemented under this scenario to review the cash flows and cash positions of bank accounts in the system. If it is possible, may I understand:

1. What are the prerequisites to make this happen? (e.g. should all postings to FI contain certain "value date" such that CM could pick up these lines and count as cash flows?) Currently we did not set up any Planning Levels or Planning Groups, but has House Bank Accounts created and managed in system.

2. Any restriction in the CM functionality if AR module is not implemented? (e.g. what functions are not available / applicable without the AR module?)

3. If the system is already in Production and FI documents are already posted as-is for a long time, is it possible to activate CM under this situation?

Our project will cover FI (GL, AP, AA), CO, PS, MM, TRM, CM

Any idea would be appreciated. If any clarification needed on my question, I am happy to supplement and discuss below. Thanks!

View Entire Topic
former_member188196
Contributor

Hello, Alex:

Not sure I fully understood your questions, are you more concerning whether missing AR module impact the integration with other modules? or how to get the cash flows out of customer invoices (FI document postings) if there is no AR module?

For the first one, I don't think there is impact.

For the second one, not sure how you design the FI document postings for customer invoice, I suppose you can still get the cash flows out of the relevant G/L accounts from those documents, for example, you assign relevant Flow Types to the G/L accounts so that cash management takes those G/L accounts as cash management relevant. For existing documents, you can choose to rebuild the cash flows (and rebuild the flow type first) in productive system. For the value date, it is not necessary, there is logic to determine the alternative, but you need to consider whether planning level/group is required for reporting, although they are not mandatory for cash flows (which is different from ECC Cash Management).

Hope this helps.

BR, Lawrence

0 Kudos

Hi Lawrence,

Thanks for your reply! My question is indeed your second one.

"For the value date, it is not necessary, there is logic to determine the alternative" <-- I want to ask more on this point. How will the system determine the "date" of the cash flows for normal G/L accounts other than those AP/AR subledger accounts? I mean, if a FI document is posted to a B/S receivable account (not related to AR/AP module), how does the system determine when will this posting be reflected in the cash flow analyzer?

Thanks!