cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating delivered quantity for production order without material

0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I have created production order without material for a job work (t code CO07). Operations for the order are copied from reference operation set and materials required are entered manually. Settlement rule is maintained as 100% settle to cost center. I can confirm goods issue with MB1A and activities with CO11N. However, I am not able to enter deliver quantity(GR) using MB31 as there is no header material for this order. However, I am required to update the delivered quantity. Please suggest me how to update the delivered quantity for completion and settlement of the order

Ramesh

View Entire Topic
rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh.

In standard SAP we do the good movements for that material with reference to order.

Good movements are not possible without material that is as per standard SAP design.

Now concept of rework order is to calculate the cost of rework that you can do through consumption of components and confirmation of activities that you are already doing.

If you want to do the good receipt for your rework order then you need create rework order with material in CO01. After that you will be able to do the good receipt and update the delivery quantity too.

For more details please refer the below blog.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks all for the quick response. However it did not give the solution I was seeking. I will explain the scenario I am trying to map with order without header so that you can guide me better.

I am mapping a dyeing plant process in SAP. Here they operate as subcontractors. they get various items from other plant or outside customers, use dyes, chemicals and dyeing operations and give dyed items back to the customers. They do it like job-work. The plant do not want to include individual customer materials into their BOM. They want to book the order cost to a cost center. For this I created a order without without material. Suggest if I can approach the issue by other process

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

As per the process you are doing job work and produce the dyed materiel you need to create standard production order for it. If you don't want individual customer materials into their BOM that is fine you can add to the production order directly if required with other components.  So you can configure your order type dependent parameter accordingly take the reference of your rework order type. Only concern is of settlement so in this settlement will be to material. Why you need cost center s settlement receiver?

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

former_member184666
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Can you clarify the below points.

1. Since you are doing the job work and settling the cost on cost center then what is the business need for goods receipt against the order.
  2. What is next business process once stock is updated through Goods receipt against order.

Thanks & Regards,

Ramagiri