Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subsequent Asset Acquisition in Current Fiscal Year

muhammad_yousufali
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello FI Consultants/Users/Experts

I am getting confused with respect to subsequent acquisition in Asset. I acquired an Asset in Aug-2022 for 200,000

Depreication is SLM, life is 3 years.

Per Year Dep=66,667

Per month Dep= 5556

I ran Dep Run for Aug. Now posted depreciation is 5556.

In Sep-22, I did subsequent acqusition with 50,000 . Now APC increases to 250,000

Now system is recaulculating Depreciation for Aug also. why system is doing this, I mean i want system to post newly calculated dep from Sep only.

Dep key is SLM.

Period Control is 01/01/01/01

How can i stop system to post to Aug also..

I am attaching screenshots for your ref.

Thanks

Muhammad Yusuf Ali

SAP FICO Consultantasset-1.jpegasset-2.jpeg

View Entire Topic
thaider110
Participant
0 Kudos

If you change the ordinary depreciation start date, it will recalculate the depreciation based on the ordinary depreciation start date.

In this scenarios you can go for sub assets, for any subsequent acquisitions you can create a sub asset and post to it, in this case it will start depreciation based on the date you capitalized this asset. As ordinary depreciation start date will be the date on which you have done the subsequent acquistion.

muhammad_yousufali
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

Thanks again, but if i create Sub-Asset, then its useful life must be reduced, ie if an asset has 5 years, then 12*5= 60 Periods of depreciation. Now after 3 months I subsequent acquire this asset, so its life should be logically of 57 periods only.

How can i achieve this?

Thanks