Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop creation of maintenance work order

arifsappm
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a requirement to stop create the work orders to all the equipments under a functional location.

There are 03 things we can inactivate, inactivate equipment, inactive functional location, inactive maintenance plans related to those equipments.

What is the better approach to stop the creation of maintenance work orders for this scenario.

Should I go on inactivate individual maintenance plans, should I go on inactivate each equipment under that functional location or should I just inactive the functional location?

View Entire Topic
MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arif,

In the Order, do you have 1:1 or 1:N setup for Technical Object selection screen. In case if use 1:1, then by default Equipment will be assigned once the functional location is entered in the Order. It means, this functional location has only one Equipment underneath. 

In case of 1:N, you can use User Status by forbidding Enter PM Planning data, Enter PM Processing data, so Notification or Work Order cannot be created.

Regards

Terence

arifsappm
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi sir,

I'm talking about the auto generating orders that are triggered via batch job. In my case, The functional location is stop & has many equipments whose maintenance activities is to be stopped. But maintenance order are getting triggered daily.

So should I inactivate the individual equipments, or inactivate the whole functional location, or inactivate the individual maintenance plans.

What would be the best option to stop the orders getting triggered.

And for your information Fl is 01 & equipments are n, so 01:n

And for each equipment there is an individual maintenance plan.

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arif

If the Functional Location is Inactive, then all the equipment under this Fl is inactive. 

You need to inactive the FL & EQ, also the maintenance plan

Regards

Terence