Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settlement to AUC - based on Matl. code + Serial No. of same material

former_member210673
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Has anyone worked on a scenario where Asset Capitalization is done based on Material & Serial No. / Mac-ID (Ex: for 100 – Laptops 100 S.No. & 100 Mac-ID for 100- Routers) using Project Settlement run.

At time of GRN, the multiple Equipment# are generated for Single Matl. Code (Cost updated against WBS Element). Hence, at time of GI, IF 50-Units out of 100-units are done (Consumption cost updated against WBS Element), Capitalization based on the respective series of the 50-Units need to be done.

Please let me know the possible options of Capitalization in this scenario, as we have checked possible options and we can have a different Source Structure per Matl. In Settlement Profile, but not at Serial / Equipment # generated for Matl.

-thanks

View Entire Topic
kenmelching
Active Contributor

In your scenario I would not use PS as a mechanism to capitalize the asset. PS is used when you are constructing an asset and have to hold the value in an AuC until finished. If you are just purchasing assets use Account Assignment A on the PO. MM has functionality where it will create a separate asset for each unit at GR.

former_member210673
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ken,

Thanks for your swift response.

We did think of going with Acct. assgnmnt' A' for such materials. However, as business scenario wants procurement and Budget control against WBS ELEMENT, we are going with GRN (Project stock).

As mentioned in my previous post, we are able to generate Equipment# for each Unit received for material. Thinking if we can can pass on Capitalization process to FI/MM team from GRN/ GI step, as I don't see any possibility to generate AUC# for each Unit received through Project settlement as Actual Cost would get updated against WBS Element only at time of GI.

Please suggest if you can give any pointers for FI/MM team in procedure to generate Asset# for each of the material Unit (Configuration, t-code etc.).

-thanks

former_member210673
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ken,

Found below link, which I need to check if it will generate Asset# as per our requirement (GRN for PO with Q).

https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPFI/Asset+capitalization+%28or+asset+posting%29+by+MIRO+or+M...

Any other suggestions, if you have will be helpful.

-thanks

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you post a query and give further updates, please add the content under "Comments" and not under "Answer" as you were not answering to a query but only providing additional informations as asked by the members. Also, when you add the text under Comments, it will be intimated to the person to whom you are responding whereas, if you add the text under Answer, the member will not be intimated. By the way, your above answer has been converted as comment by me.

ajitkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Many companies have budgeted capital expenditure. Unless we use funds management, is there a way to have budgetary control if we procure with account assignment 'A'?

Thanks

Ajit