Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Credit Check

former_member418015
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I got a question regarding the critical fields check in SAP credit management.

Does changing of payment terms (a critical field) checks whether the it is within the credit horizon?

In system we have set a credit horizon of 7 days. But delivery is to be made next month (so it is more than 7 days). When i change the payment terms, system does not go through the credit check and order is not blocked.

Is this how standard SAP is suppose to react? This is for ECC6.0. Previously was on 4.6C

Thank you.

View Entire Topic
amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dylan,

When ever system is performing the credit check, it calculates the credit used. The system calculates the proportion of the total commitments that have reached the credit limit by the specified date.  For this calculation it uses the horizon field value. So if it is 7 days, only the orders which are to be delivered within 7 days are considered for calculation.

In your case, the order is to be delivered next month, in that case, this order will not be part of credit limit calculation and it will not be blocked. If the calculated credit limit used is more than credit allotted the order will be blocked.

Regards,

Amit

former_member418015
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

I think you have misunderstood my question.

I am asking when i change payment terms(critical field), does it take into consideration the horizon days?

My issue is i change payment terms when delivery date is outside of credit horizon, the system does not block my order

But when i change payment terms when delivery date is within the credit horizon date, system will prompt critical data changed, and blocks my order.

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dylan,

In Credit management configuration, there is a field which will involve the change in critical field also in credit check. Please see the below image:

SAP considers Payment Terms, Additional value days and Fixed value date as critical field. In the customizing if Critical field is activated for credit check, system will consider any change in these field as critical and will block the order. The reaction can be considered as producing error or warning and if you check the  Status/Block check box for critical field, it will block the order.

I hope this clarifies.

Regards,

Amit

former_member418015
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

It is already checked.

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Further to add, the Sales order within Credit horizon only will be considered for critical field change. So if the delivery date is after 1 month, and you change the payment terms, it will not be considered.

Regards,

Amit

former_member418015
Participant
0 Kudos

I do not think that this should be the standard SAP behaviour. I believe that critical fields changed should be checked irregardless of credit horizon.

If you have any SAP standard reply or OSS stating otherwise, it will be great.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dylan and Amit,

I believe horizon is reference to dynamic check. Check the F1 help for the field and also note  379007 which will explain about behaviour of horizon.

Regards,

Bhavin

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavin,

Yes, I am referring to Dynamic credit check.

Thanks for sharing the note where the information is more helpful.

Regards,

Amit