Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Asset Manager Client User Vs Backend User

saif_eddinne
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I want to know how SAM Client users are linked to SAP Backend users (SAP GUI).

Is there any configuration steps to create SAM Users and link them to SAP GUI users ?

Thanks in advance,

Seif

ajiteshupadhyay
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Seif,

In order to login from SAM, you would need S-user. The same S-user needs to be mapped in SAP as alias in User parameter(SU3). After this configuration, you should be able to connect from SAM to SAP.

Hope this clarifies your queries.

Thanks,

Ajitesh

saif_eddinne
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Ajitesh,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I would like to know if those S-User have are users of the subaccount or how do i create/get them ?

Thanks

View Entire Topic
fjcvsap
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi james.murphy01 and syam.yalamati

For Principal Propagation is possible to login SAM application with Ecc credentials. The users does not have s-user and they are not in the Active Directory, they only have a Sap ECC User and we want to login into SAM with their users and password or for licenses all user has to have a s-users?. Actually the CC and backend is setup rule base of Sap User but is not working. How should I configure the CC and Backend credetials in CertRule.

Thank you very much.

syam_yalamati
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jerte, we cannot use backend user name/password directly to connect to SAM mobile application, SAM is authenticated against BTP auth services first before connecting to backend via principal propagation to backend system. Here I am providing some onboarding video tutorials for SAM implementation, which might help with end-to-end set-up.

https://iris.video.sap.com/message/a9c21619785ecf7e60a3f0cda46c6426e0eec2075e5ef0a51d63e2acf8f1

Thanks

Syam