cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

safety equipments in SAP PM

mithu_mukhejee
Participant

dear All,

Kindly guide me , how I can implement Safety equipment for example Ropes, wires, Jacks  in plant by using plant maintenance module .

As these equipment are necessary to monitor through SAP like preventive Maintenance for machines.

Thanks

View Entire Topic
jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shumi,

For their use as tools purposes, such equipments are mapped as PRTs in PM. But your question is regarding the health maintenance/motioning of these equipments.  First you need to map them into Equipments, if possible into proper place of the plant structure (under some functional location with description such as 'Safety Tools')

Then you will be performing mainly Two functions on them.

1. Testing as prescribed by the SOPs at a frequency, through Maintenance Notification with Catalogs and codes to capture test results OR Quality notification through MICs to capture the test results and then Usage Decision based on these result recording.

2. Your preventive maintenance activities such as Visual inspections, Overhauling or any other relevant activity. these can be captured as Maintenance Notifications.

KJogeswaraRao

mithu_mukhejee
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you JRK & MT,

In plant we generally replace with a new rope or sling if found little twist or break.

We will create all ropes, slings & Jacks as equipment master with special equipment category.

I need clarifications on below points:

1. for regular check up can we schedule these equipment's for preventive maintenance ?

2. AT the time of preventive maintenance, may be we will found little twist in the sling then we will have to replace the sling with a new one immediately as the sling is an important load lifting accessory. which step will be flowed then ?

3.if going through quality notification & inspection lot then how it will be beneficial for users?

Kindly reply as much as possible .

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shumi,

Last point first

Benefits of Quality Notification as I perceive/understand is, we will not be able to deviate from the process steps of inspection, result recording and usage decision, which important and becomes very significant in case of Equipment like this. (Safety). SAP has provided a clear procedure in standard.

If you have constraints for the same, you can have alternative methods through PM Objects itself with due importance to test parameters.

Now Point1

Yes, You can schedule check-ups through Maintenance plans triggering Notifications, which then will be converted to Orders while processing (in case of Inspection configuration, Orders will be created through inspection lots).

Point2

Have a visual inspection during above Notification through Catalogs and Codes. And in case you found any twists / damages etc you do not proceed with Order creation. Discard the Sling (wire rope) at Notification level itself. (Close Notification with suitable information or Remarks and DLFL/INAC the Equipment master).

Regards

KJogeswaraRao

sunil_mundhe3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shumi,

I think you shouldn't be creating rope, sling etc. as Equipment rather they should be Material with or w/o Serial no. and for Preventive Maintenance you can create A dummy FL/Eq Assign these item as Object List Item.

Also you can use this item assign to BOM of Dummy FL.

Rgds

Sunil

mithu_mukhejee
Participant
0 Kudos

JRK sir,

1.Shall I customize new catalog & codes for this ?

2.Suppose we have planned for preventive & as in preventive automatically order generates and  we generally take the task list print out & go to check equipment .

If we get any damage in rope we will have to immediately change the rope (while we were doing preventive maintenance of rope) & physically we will replace the rope & put DLFL in equipment master and will generate a new equipment for new rope.

So at that time what shall we do with that preventive maintenance order which is already with us ?

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Point1.

Yes

Point2

In Order to avoid this situation only, I was suggesting a Notification trigger from Maint. Plan. If Order trigger from plan is inevitable, then you need to exercise options such as 'Do not Execute' status to the Order. (with some notes and refereces in Header Long text such as new equipment number created after D of present equipment etc)

KJogeswaraRao

mithu_mukhejee
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you JRK ....

I will do as per your suggestions.

regards,

Shumi