cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profit Center derivation during Reval of COGS

0 Kudos

Hi All,

My company requires profit center by business segment for COGS entries.  To achieve this, I'm using sales order substitution rules (Controlling > Profit Center Accounting > Assignments of Account Assignment Objects to Profit Centers > Sales Orders > Sales Order Substitutions) which works great.  The profit center derived on the sales order flows through to the post goods issue COGS entry and to the invoice.

The issue arrises when we close our Material Ledger and the COGS in revaluated.  The profit center that is derived for COGS entry is the profit center on the material master instead of the profit center that was posted to at PGI.

Is there a config setting I'm missing or a user exit I can implement to derive the profit center from the initial COGS entry?

Ex:

Material Profit Center 932000

Sales Order - Substitution rule derives 931000

PGI:

Material      932000

COGS          931000

Revenue      931000

Reval of Consumption:

PPV          932000

COGS      932000    >>>>>>>  931000 is the profit center needed

I've attached the actual accounting docs for both transactions.

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards,

Linda Lewis

View Entire Topic
0 Kudos

Hey....Sorry for the delay in getting back with you.  We actually DID NOT resolve the problem as it required a custom user exit during the ML Close post to GL step.  

LL

former_member237060
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are also facing the same issue when we run the CKMLCP:

COGS posted with different profit center (other than PC available in material master) but revaluation of consumption is posted with the PC from material master (instead of the original account assignment)

Kindly help me by providing the solution ?

Thanks,

Naveen

0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Check out the note that Arturo Senosain suggested.  (1242114)  I have not implemented this yet, but it's on my list of projects. 

Today,after we close the ML and revaluate COPA, we re-class COGS based on COPA.   Very manual time consuming process but a work around.

LL

former_member237060
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The issue is get resolved by Assigning Movement Type Groups (CC) to movement types 601,602,201 & 202.

The note 1242114 is already in place...

Thanks for your response !

Regards,

Naveen