cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offline Odata Initialization Failed with SAM 2010 (Neo)

igor_sangulin
Explorer
0 Kudos

When updating SAM 2010 application with deployed metadata definitions I have error „App update failed, will roll back to previous metadata definitions. Reason: Offline OData Initialization Failed“.

But when I run standard SAM 2010 from APK downloaded from SAP (MOBASSTMGRAND00_0-70005811.APK) application connects fine and retrieves data from backend SAP ERP. That would suggest probably that Mobile services setup (including offline connectivity) is ok and that something is wrong with deployed metadata (I'm using Web IDE)?

I tried suggestions from https://blogs.sap.com/2018/03/15/troubleshooting-tips-for-mobile-development-kit/ (I checked Service URL, Application ID, Destination, refreshed objects in service file) but with no success. Application builds fine and is deployed to BTP successfully but fails to initialize.

Thanks, Igor

0 Kudos

Hi,

There may be an issue with the deployed metadata definitions. Did you make any changes to the standard metadata? If so, start by undoing some changes to try and pinpoint the portion of the metadata that is causing the error.

igor_sangulin
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Pathik, unfortunately I did not changed anything in standard metadata.

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

igor.sangulin3
Were you able to resolve your issue? If any of the below responses helped you, then please mark the helpful answer by accepting it OR post an answer so others might benefit from your findings and then close this discussion.

Regards,
Jitendra (SAP Community Moderator)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The client log file will usually tell you why the failure occurred. If you are on iOS, you can directly download the logs from the device through iTunes/Finder. On Android, you need to make sure log upload is enabled in Mobile Services and upload the log to view it. Direct download of logs is available in MDK 6 and above on Android.

igor_sangulin
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Bill for info about logging!

Log goes like this: ..Upgrading application to version 7...Default Values found...Branded Settings found...Client Latched Settings Found (lots of those)... and then lot's of "Error: [-10058] Cannot perform the requested operation because the store is not open."

Do you think there is some setting in metadata that I'm missing (I imported original SAM 2010 metadata) or still some parameters in offline configuration are wrong? What baffles me is that original SAM client works.

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The "Error: [-10058] Cannot perform the requested operation because the store is not open." is expected while the application is starting up since the page loads but the store is not yet initialized or opened. After opening the page refreshes.

Usually the failure during initialization typically outputs an error about something it is trying to fetch from the backend. If you are not seeing an error in the client log you should check the logs both in Mobile Services and your backend for any other possible logs.