cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRP plant and MRP storage location (consumption based planning)

former_member328462
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Scenario 1

If I run MRP for Plant A - single level using consumption based planning

that mean i need to set a single Reorder point / max stock level and exact lot sizing .. ?

Scenario 2

If I run MRP for storage location, let said Plant A got 15 storage location . That mean i need to setup 15 Reorder point / max stock level and exact lot sizing for each storage loaction , im I right

Please advice

If by following scenario 2, I want to run MRP for Plant . will the system add up all the 15 storage location reorder point / max stocklevel etc and if I have setup reorderpoint at plant level also .. will it give a error if the total 15 storage location reorder point not tally with reorder point at plant level ?

View Entire Topic
ericsj
Contributor
0 Kudos

Scenario 1

If I run MRP for Plant A - single level using consumption based planning

that mean i need to set a single Reorder point / max stock level and exact lot sizing .. ?

YES, if your lot size is HB only you need to setup max stock level , if EX then the lot size is lot for lot (=req qty).

Scenario 2

If I run MRP for storage location, let said Plant A got 15 storage location . That mean i need to setup 15 Reorder point / max stock level and exact lot sizing for each storage loaction , im I right

YES, you dun put this in MRP 1 view, u need to speicfy the field plant separately at storage location, key in Reoder point there, in MRP 3/4 veiw.

Please advice

If by following scenario 2, I want to run MRP for Plant . will the system add up all the 15 storage location reorder point / max stocklevel etc and if I have setup reorderpoint at plant level also .. will it give a error if the total 15 storage location reorder point not tally with reorder point at plant level ?

IF YOU indicated in material master plant separately at storage location, MRP will run by storage location reorder point planinng.

I think for this to work all your demand and supply need to be specify with storage loc like in reservation..