cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDoc with error when trying to update two materials with FM: CSAP_MAT_BOM_MAINTAIN.

former_member211676
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In my current project I am facing the below issue.

In client MDM team is creating the master data. The BOM master data also creating through MDM only. The function module used is  CSAP_MAT_BOM_MAINTAIN. When user trying to update the two extra BOM line items getting an error " Error while saving the BOM."

In SLG1 transaction we observed that the IDOC is trying to change the header level data. After analyzing  I got some conclusion that

while BOM creation header level material and all components are created with change number reference. When the user trying to update two extra line items with new change number system giving error msg as idoc trying to change header level data. As my knowledge with  FM:CSAP_MAT_BOM_MAINTAIN no changes possible for header. I came to conclusion as header is updated with a change number while creation and when we changing second time with new change number, system not able to replace the old change number with new change number.

To correct this IDOC what steps i can perform? Is it possible to reprocess this IDOC by changing any field values like MSGFN.

Please suggest what solution we can provide to reprocess this IDOC.

Regards

Kesava

View Entire Topic
rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jesava,

The new function module CSAP_MAT_BOM_MAINTAIN can maintain (create or change) simple material BOMs.

Go to transaction SE37 and display function module CSAP_MAT_BOM_MAINTAIN and see the documentation It will update both BOM header and Item changes.

Go to Transaction SLG1, enter object 'CAPI', sub-object 'CAPI_LOG' and share the screen shot.

check the error log.This may help you in identifyig the root cause of the problem.

Also refer 684461 - ALE SMD: BOM not valid on xx.yy.zzzz

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

former_member211676
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh

Thanks for the replay.

Here the user created the BOM with the same FM:CSAP_MAT_BOM_MAINTAIN  but he created with change number refernce. This change number is updated in header. Later he wants to add some extra components to this BOM with the same FM:CSAP_MAT_BOM_MAINTAIN and he entered new change number second time to do the change. Then system giving an error status for this IDOC.Then if we check in SLG1 the error message is we are trying to change header fields which is not possible " The BOM header can only be displayed, Your entries were ingored". How can we reprocess this IDOC.

Regards

Kesava

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kesava,

Please refer OSS note for Guid identification BOM header and components

626297 - ALE inbound: Guid identification BOM header

567351 - CSAP/ALE: Identification by GUID

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar