cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Employee Data Migration Issue

0 Kudos

Hi All,

When trying to migrate employee data in a change project, we are getting the error "Object EMPLOYEE is currently not open for data migration specific changes". I was hoping that someone could explain the cause of this error as I cannot find explanation in documentation. Also it would be great if someone could point me in the right direction to open the employee object for migration.

Thanks in advance,

John

View Entire Topic
SahalyaBegum
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Jhon,

Your system has gone live. The implementation project in your system was closed. No more new data migration is allowed through this closed project.

If you are intended to migrate new records using the migration tool, you have to create a change project.

Best regards,
Sahalya

0 Kudos

Hi Sahalya,

Thank you for the response. We are trying to migrate new records into a change project, so I'm not sure what the issue is.

Thanks,

John

Mugesh
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear John,

If the Change project is in the Productive system, please perform the merge of the change project and then you can able to use migration of Employee in that Change Project itself.

After the migration, you can close the change project.

Regards,

Mugesh P

0 Kudos

Hi Mugesh,

The change project is in the productive system and I have merged the project with the production system. This allowed me to access the data migration tasks in the change project, but the migration tool is giving me the above error during the simulation of the import of the employee data.

Thanks,

John

Mugesh
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Then it would be a inconsistency in the migration object, please report an incident.

Regards,

Mugesh P