cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Error "-4009 - Failed to connect SLD, make sure SLD server is correct and available"

Unable to access SAPbobsCOM.Company objects. gettng Connection error "-4009 - Failed to connect SLD, make sure SLD server is correct and available"" . SAP Client running on my machine successfully.

View Entire Topic
ANKIT_CHAUHAN
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi apsara dissanayake,

Could you please help to check the following things?

1. Make sure that License server port 30000 or SLD port 40000 is not blocked in the Windows Firewall or used by any another application.

2. As of SAP Business One version 9.2 PL05 and onwards, you can use either the LicenseServer property or the SLDServer property to connect to DI API

oCompany.SLDServer = https://<Server-name>:40000/

3. Make sure that the DbUserName, DbPassword, DbServerType, UserName, Password properties are set correctly.

4. As the connection to the SAP Business One Client is successful, Copy the file from: "C:\*\SAP\SAP Business One\Conf\b1-local-machine.xml" to: "C:\*\SAP\SAP Business One DI API\Conf\b1-local-machine.xml".

5. Make sure that the Server Name is same as it appears in SLD.

Kindly refer to SAP Note 2710077 for more troubleshooting tips on DI API connection related issue.

Hope it helps!

Kind regards,

ANKIT CHAUHAN

SAP Business One Support

former_member221340
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello ankit.chauhan1

You mentioned "As of SAP Business One version 9.2 PL05 and onwards, you can use either the LicenseServer property or the SLDServer property to connect to DI API."

I am now testing SAP 9.3 PL11, is there a reason why I would prefer setting LicenseServer or SLDServer for today and going forward in my DI-API code?

Having two ways of doing something without guidance on why to use one over the other is a confusing position to be in for a developer.

Thank you,

Mike