Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

child and parent material relation in Material Master

pavan_kulkarni3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts ,

we have a requirement of maintaining the multiple child materials for single Header/ Parent Materials .

We have 3 PL system which works for operations ( Non SAP system ) . The material master is created in SAP and transmitted to 3PL system

Each Header material will have child materials. However, the Inventory / PO will not be created for Child materials .

The PO will be created to Parent material and the PO will be transmitted to 3PL system as IDOC. This PO information will be used in 3PL system and GRN will be happen for Child materials as vendor supply as child materials. The total quantities and GRN information sent back to SAP again to update the PO.  Example ,

The Parent material is  -  SOFT DRINK

The child materials are  -  Coke , Pepsi, Sprite etc.,

the PO will be created for Product SOFT DRINK for Qty 100. This information will pass to 3PL system.

In 3PL system , GRN happen like , Coke - 30 Qty , Pepsi - 30 qty ; Sprite - 40 qty ( total 100  Qty ). individually to maintain inventory . But the GRN information will be sent back to SAP to update GRN qty as 100 for SOFT DRINK .

My question is  - How to maintain Parent and Child relation in SAP in this scenario. There is No Transactions ( PO/ GR/GI ) will happen for Child materials. child materials are created in SAP for  the purpose of reporting  and transmit to 3PL system   only.

Can anybody Guide me here  . Appreciated your help

Thanks and Regards

Pavan

View Entire Topic
christian_wohlfahrt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

check if you can work with Prepacks (MARA-ATTYP = 11). It's a special type of bill of material. They are bought on header level and sold at item level.

In customizing: Logistics - General - Material Master - Retail-Specific Settings - Settings for Structured Materials - Structured Article in Logistics Process it's possible to influence BOM explode in various process / documents.

Regards,

Christian

pavan_kulkarni3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Christian Wohlfahrt

Thanks a lot for your input. however, I'm not able to find the given path. I think  Retail specific settings are not activated in our system .