Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling write procedure in HANA from ABAP

SS
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello All,

By default there is a schema from which both ABAP and HANA can read say 'SAPCRD.

Our requirement is to write data in HANA into another schema say 'ZHWRITE'.

From HANA I'm able to call this procedure call "ZHWRITE"."ZPROC_WRITE".

But when we are trying to call write procedure "ZHWRITE"."ZPROC_WRITE" then we get Insufficient Privilege.

From this schema 'ZHWRITE' I'm able to read data in ABAP side but not able to insert data.Though in HANA side using same user I'm able to insert data also.

Is there any other privilege to be given so that write procedure can be called from ABAP stack ?

It is not possible for us to rewrite logic in AMDP as it is a very complex logic and we already invested lot of time in writing this procedure in HANA side.

Thanks

Swati

View Entire Topic
lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, it seems there is some lack of understanding of how HANA privileges work.

Of course, I highly recommend actually reading the documentation when working out multi-schema solutions.

For your situation, the HANA database user that should execute the procedure needs to have the execute privilege for the procedure and the update/insert/delete (whatever you do) privilege on all tables that should be changed.

For Netweaver based connections, the DB user typically is SAP<SID>, so that one is the one you need to provide the privileges with (hopefully, you created a proper role for that...).

If you're not using the DEFAULT DB connection from ABAP but some secondary connection, make sure the DB user that is used for that has the privileges.