Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active CVI directions

Pavel_Lobach
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello dear experts,

Could you please clarify the main idea regarding CVI directions, which should be activated after the Conversion in SAP S/4HANA? Should we have only BP to Customer/Vendor direction active in S4 (CVI_03, CVI_04)? Or should we have all directions active? (CVI_01, CVI_02, CVI_03, CVI_04 BP <-> Customer/Vendor)

What could be the potential outcomes if the opposite directions (Customer/Vendor to BP CVI_01, CVI_02) haven't been activated in S4?

View Entire Topic
banderson
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Pavel,

Here is a nice document on the CVI process.
Post CVI the Business Partner will be the leading object, hence when a Business Partner is created and then is extended to a Supplier or Customer role this will create the respective objects in the Customer and Supplier tables.
In S/4HANA Business Partner creation comes first so creating a standalone customer/supplier without a Business Partner will not be possible.
You will also notice that the Customer and Supplier XD01/XK01 will redirect you to the BP transaction.
The CVI cookbook contains and extensive list of further documents and notes.

Is mise le meas,

Brad

SAP Product Support

Pavel_Lobach
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Brad,

Thank you for the reply and for sharing with me the latest version of the CVI Cookbook. The only scenario that I'm struggling with is using DEBMAS\CREMAS IDOCs for the master data replication. According to the SAP Note 2265093 - S4TWL - Business Partner Approach - they can be used for Customer and Vendor replication with a remark "without BP". I'm afraid in that case, it wouldn't create the BP for such a Customer or Vendor in case the directions C\V to BP hadn't been activated. Could you please comment on that?

Best regards,

Pavel.

banderson
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

pavel_lobach

You can use the transaction MDS_LOAD_COCKPIT to BP <-> Customer/Supplier synchronization.
In S/4HANA the recommended way of integrating it with other systems is by using the Business Partner webservice

.As stated in the note " In S/4HANA, BP is the leading object. Therefore, only customer or supplier integration should be avoided. In S/4HANA, Business Partner is the leading object. Therefore, customer or supplier only integration should be avoided. You can use Business Partner web services (SOAP) via API Business Hub for SAP S/4HANA integration. It is recommended to use IDocs only if the source system has Customer or Supplier (no Business Partner) master data.".

The assumption here is that if you are moving to S/4HANA Cloud that the relevant Customers and Suppliers will be linked to Business Partners. What is your integration landscape in this instance?

Pavel_Lobach
Participant
0 Kudos

We've already completed the conversion from the SAP ECC to the SAP S/4HANA. And they'd had integration with C4C. We covered that according to the Cookbook and reworked the replication scenario with C4C to the WS. And I'm not sure if that was the only usage of the IDOCS in the ECC before the conversion. Well, I do remember, that IDOCs were listed in their interfaces. And now I'm more interested to be clear on that for further Conversions as a theoretical question. Like, if there is a scenario, in which the CVI has to act in the direction C|V -> BP in S/4HANA (keeping in mind that BP - is a leading object in S4) and required the corresponding directions activated.

Best regards,

Pavel