Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A centrally agreed contract exists for this material

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

We have defined an MM contract for a material in a purchase organization. Why SAP is triggering the following  warning (or error according to custo) message while creating a PO for the mentioned material in a different purchase organization?

A centrally agreed contract exists for this material (Message no. 06587)

When would be this useful? From my point of view it has no sense at all.

I already read the following SAP notes 1923072 and 2071522 but I didn't find a proper explanation.

We know that we can skip the message by leaving blank the message type in customizing. But we would like to keep it for purchase order within the same purchase organization of the contract.

Any ideas of why SAP behaves like this?

Regards,

Fortian

View Entire Topic
rajkiranraoi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

This happens when the contract is created with reference to "Reference Purchase Organization" as a centrally agreed contract.

If a PO is created in a purchase organization that is assigned to reference purchase organization, this message appears and informs the buyer that a contract is available and can be used a source. The user can bypass this message or choose the contract for procuring the desired material.

Regards,

Raj Kiran

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Raj Kiran,

Our purchase organizations are not assigned to any "Reference Purchase Organization". So contracts defined for purchase organization A are not valid for purchase organization B.

Regards,

Fortian