cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query Access and Editing

rashantha
Participant
0 Kudos

We had some of our Queries moved. I am trying to find a way to provide access to Queries via Query Manager but to limit editing and moving, removing etc. SAP B1 9.3

Is there anywhere I can check in SAP B1 to see who moved a Query?

[i have been told by support you can see this in change log]

If not SAP can I look in the SQL tables?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

rashantha
Participant
0 Kudos

@johan hajohan.hakkesteegt

No. you can't execute it.

Apparently, this is by design. So the only way to do this 9.3 is to set "read only" for manager and then the user has to add it to "my menu".

rashantha
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your detailed explanation.

Yes, when I said moved; they would have had to save in another category.

Unfortunately, the General Authorizations are not working. I opened a ticket with our SAP partner and they have referred this issue to SAP as a bug.

We tested, read-only, no authorization. At the moment the only way users can use the query is we set it to Full Authorization.

In the screen snip attached you will see that the user can not run the query. OK button dimmed. But if you use the search the query runs.

Johan_Hakkesteegt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can the user execute the query from the Query Manager by double-clicking it?

Regards,

Johan

Johan_Hakkesteegt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Queries cannot be moved. Queries can be deleted, and they can be opened and 'saved as' under another category. The Change log does not register activity related to the Query Manager (if support claims it does, please ask them for details on how). It does show activity related to an opened query. However, this log does not appear to show correct or relevant information.

To prevent users from (accidentally) deleting, or changing queries, you need to set some authorizations. (Administration > System Initialization > Authorizations > General Authorizations > [select relevant user in left panel] > [then in right panel]😞

1. Read only access to the Query Manager: > Reports > Query Manager > [set to read-only]
  2. No authorization to Create/Edit Categories: > Reports > Query Generator > Create/Edit Categories > [set to No Authorization]
  3. No authorization to Execute Non-select SQL Statement: > Reports > Query Generator > Execute Non-select SQL Statement > [set to No Authorization]
  4. No authorization to Modify SQL Statement: > Reports > Query Generator > Execute Non-select SQL Statement > [set to No Authorization]

Regards,

Johan