cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem extracting data from multiple tables for process mining due to insufficient memory

0 Kudos

Hi all,
First I wanted to say hi and thank the community for all the help they provide.

I'm currently trying to extract data from SAP B1 for a process mining project, but I'm having trouble with the query due to insufficient memory. My guess is that I am not formulating the query correctly, and unfortunately the people that are trying to help me have no experience in process mining which is making it harder to move forward, so I wanted to ask for some help from the community.

The process I'm trying to mine is for materials acquisitions for a construction company. I have the first steps of the process already mapped, which can be defined in the following sequence:

1. Construction site makes a purchase request (which is saved in the ORDR table)
  2. This request has a 2-step approval process and its later transformed into a purchase order (which is saved in the OPOR table)
  3. This order then has another step for approval and is issued

I understand that the approval process can be found in the OWDD and WDD1 tables, but I'm having trouble creating a query that links the purchase request and order to the approval process.

The desired output of the query is to have a list detailing the request and order basic information (such as ID, date of creation, total amount and user ID, among other possible fields) for each step in the approval process, i.e.: the first line must show information related to the creation step, the second line about the first step in the approval process, the third line about the following step, and so on.

I have been working with SAP B1 query manager, but I believe that I haven't adequately linked (or joined) the tables and hence am getting tons of results which lead to the insufficient memory problems. The data I'm trying to get from the system is as shown in the image below:

Unfortunately, the SAP consultant hasn't been able to give me much time to help me solve the issue, so I wanted to ask pointers to the community.

I'll be happy to provide more details. I really appreciate the help, and I hope I can be of help to others in the future.

Kind regards,

Pedro

AlexGourdet
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thank you for visiting SAP Community to get answers to your questions.

As you're looking to get most out of your community membership, please consider include a profile picture to increase user engagement & additional resources to your reference that can really benefit you:

I hope you find this advice useful, and we're happy to have you as part of SAP Community!

All the best,

Alex

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)