Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Period Factor In depreciation Key

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can any one explain how period factor get calcuated in Dep key

Currently Mine is showing .08333  which I believe 1/12 .Does this means System is calcuating dep from start of fiscal year in all cases where period factor is .08333

Many Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

pankaj_pandey2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Preeti,

Your problem is not clear, but if it is related to addition to the asset. If you required the depreciation behavior should remain same as of the asset. it can be done.

Can you explain your issue a little more.

Regards

Pankaj P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Preeti, please check the settings made in OAYZ deperciation key . what is the maximum year have you define in the deperciation key.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It has Zero in both Max usefule life and max life

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Preeti, Can you check the captilization date of the assest ,it might have changed so system is not calcuting the deperciation for  half year . and also check the configuration in assest classes OAOA might have some issue there thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Period factor is nothing but length of time depreciation is to be calculated. it totally dpends on your depreciation key setting. its normally monthly  for which you have give period factor 1..

Regards

Abhay

raymond_moynihan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Please see this example in regard to period factor:

Depreciation of period 1 to 3:-
Base value = APC value =  200,000.00
Percentage rate = 1/5
Period factor = 3/12

Depreciation = Base value * Percentage rate * Period factor
             = 200,000 * 1/5 * 3/12
             = 10,000-

Depreciation of period 4:
Base value = APC value = 200,000.00
Percentage rate = 1/5
Period factor = 1/12

The period factor is the length of time depreciation is calculated for. This depends on the settings in your Depreciation Key, it could be daily, monthly etc. If it was daily, in the above example you would use 365 instead of 12.

thanks and regards

Ray Moynihan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Its monthly . Now let me tell you my problem

My asset created in 2013 and system calauctaed the depreciation correctly .

But in 2014 we have some addition in the asset in middle of year where system is just calcuating dep for half year where we would like to depreciated for full year .even Asset is added in middle of the year

Many Thanks

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Preeti,

No it is not possible to calculate automatically. Whether you have to create a sub asset for the addition and maintain depreciation key accordingly or post unplanned depreciation for the rest of half year.

Regards,

Mukthar