cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MTO: Re-assign production order to new sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

The scenario is as follows: I have a production order for a configurable (MTO) material. The customer calls to cancel their order. The manufacturing is half finished (components consumed, labor posted). We sell the exact same unit to another customer under a new sales order.

Question: Can I re-assign the existing production order to the new sales order? If so, how? If not, what am I suggested by SAP to do?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

It is not possible to re-assign the production order to a new sales order. You should finish the production, post the goods receipt and then move the material to the new sales order stock.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

darrell_hart
Participant

Yes you can re-assign a production order.

From the Header in CO02 go to the Assignment tab and you can manually change the Sales Order number and line.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Darrell,

Interesting. Not in my system. Even when the production order is un-released, I cannot change the sales order assignment.

Wonder what the difference might be.

darrell_hart
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tom, what strategy group are you using for this material..?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is a custom one copied from one of the MTO strategies. Which one are you using? We are not using valuated sales order stock. Maybe that is the difference?

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK. I understand. Not ideal, since the lead-time can be many weeks and I have to manage both the old and new sales orders for that duration. I have to manually prevent the transfer of requirements for the new order so that I don't plan an additional machine.

Thanks for the response!