Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass Changing QM Catalog Codes Translations

Raphael_Sommer
Participant

Hi Experts,

I am facing the following Problem:

I have to maintain / change the translations of a few hundred QM catalog codes in several languages. This can be done manually via QS41 or via SPRO 'quality management -> quality planning -> basic data -> catalog -> edit catalogs'

How can I do that automated instead of manually?

Via Recording SDHB it was not possible for me, because the text is not recognized in BDC data. I can create maybe an own z-program for loading the data via changing the table entries and commiting them, but is there a better solution?

Thanks, regards,

Raphael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

holger_hartung
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you had tried LSMW?

Raphael_Sommer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your answer. No I have not tried LSMW, to be honest I have no experience with LSMW. I will check that now and inform you later about the result.

Regards, Raphael

Raphael_Sommer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, I think there is no possibility with LSMW, there is no available object for direct input to change the translation of codes of code groups; I checked some BAPIS and FMs (e.g. BAPI_QPGR_SAVEREPLICA, QIRF_SEND_CATALOG_DATA2) but they did not work for me; Recording a Batch Input and providing the fields was also not possible for me.

Now I am trying to create a maintenance view for QPCT and a corresponding maintenance dialog to maintain the data via SM30 and then I will try to create a Batch Input for this scenario.

Regards, Raphael

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you could do this with LSMW but I think you need to do the load by language.

I.e. log in with EN, and create your codes with the LSMW.

Then log in with say DE and create the German text

Then log in with ES and create the Spanish texts.

Then.. etc. etc..

Basically a run for each language.

Raphael_Sommer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

can you briefly explain how to do this and which steps I have to do? Loading the translations in every language sequencely would not be a problem for me. Which type would you use (Direct Input, BAPI, Batch Input)? I need to change the translation of codes from a codegroup/catalog. I thought this is not possible as described in my previous post.

Thank you, regards,Raphael

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would create one LSMW for each language I maintained.

The first one would be to create the initial code with the main language you use.

Then I'd create a new LSMW for each language.

I run these all from transaction LSMW interactively.

Craig

Raphael_Sommer
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer, I thought that this specific business object can not be changed via LSMW, but I have not much experience with it. Can you briefly explain me how to set this up in LSMW (Direct Input, BAPI, Batch Input)?

Thank you, regards, Raphael