cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for input / discussion about project stock

gkwillg
Discoverer

Hello,

I'm new to the forums here and I tried reading through the rules for posting prior but couldn't find anything related to my request. Apologies if this isn't the proper place to be asking for this.

Recently, we have been looking at implementing project stock for various reasons. For example, to keep moving average price separate for regular stock since we likely won't get those bulk discounted rates, separates the stock logically from regular stock which would keep our reorder point automation system more in line for regular business (not impacted by large quantity purchases / consumptions for projects), etc.

We are looking for any input on pros and cons of project stock. Currently, we are focusing primarily on valuated project stock rather than non-valuated. Any insights, experiences, concerns, inputs, issues... would be greatly appreciated. We think we see the benefits of using project stock, but we want to make sure we aren't missing any of the pain points either.

I hope this is appropriate to ask in the forum, but we are really looking to have a conversation with another business who has implemented project stock if you are willing to connect with us. Ideally, we would like to speak with another utility business, but are open to discussing project stock in general. We just want to discuss your experience with it and perhaps we could build a knowledge sharing relationship.

Just let me know. Any regular inputs here on the forum are great too! However, if you'd be willing to connect, that would be amazing.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

gkwillg
Discoverer

Bumping thread. Anybody willing to connect or share anything on project stock? Even high-level insights or experiences would be appreciated!