cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoice error

Former Member
0 Kudos

While posting invoice, error message has come as "mention section code".

What to mention and where?

Also, another error "Account xxxxxx requires an assignment to a CO object" (Iu2019m knowing the cause, so Iu2019ll fix it).

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Sumitra wrote

mention section code.

Can you please let us know for what scenario, you were posting the invoice. Normally, system will give this error message if the transaction have withholding tax for which you need to maintain the section code.

To check this, go to IMG path -- Financial Accounting --> Financial Accounting Global Settings --> Withholding Tax --> Extended Withholding Tax --> Basic Settings --> India --> Define Section Codes

There you have to maintain section code to your Company Code.

If my assumption is wrong, then please brief more.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi laxmipati,

I'm creating the remittance challan with J1INCHLN, I got this massage.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sumitra,

Few days back, somewhat a similar kind of problem was posted by you, refer:

[Error at TDS Challan-Creation|]

There, i had mentioned about settings, need to be maintained.

However, apart fro Mr. Lakshmipathi's suggestion, also refer:

[Business Place..Section Code ....Creating Challan|http://sap.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/sap-acct/business-placesection-code-creating-challan-2139796?cv=expanded]

I think, this contains the similar kind of error and possible work-arounds.

Best Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

I think u r creating tax remittance

there u need to mention section code as 194c for subcontractors or as per u r requirement

194j, 194 etc

regards

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to IMG path -- Financial Accounting --> Financial Accounting Global Settings --> Withholding Tax --> Extended Withholding Tax --> Basic Settings --> Define Withholding Tax Keys.

There you have to maintain Off.Key for your country details like 194A, 194C, 194H, 194I, 194J, 195 & 206C. These datas are stored in Table J_1IEWTNUMGR_N.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sumitra,

Even, Mr. Lakshmipathi has suggested the same, what i have suggested in my response to your earlier thread (link is provided in my second post, in this thread, only).

In case, i sincerely advise, to contact FI-Personnel, if there is any issue with maintaining the same.

Best Regards,

Amit

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for valuable suggestions, however, unable to resolve (as unaware of all settings related to Withholding tax), i'm referring this problem to FI.

its good to have so many ppl contributing for one's query.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

for the account XXXX requires cost Object. Enter the GL account in FS00 select the control tab and specify default cost center.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sumitra,

Not having much idea about your requirement.

Either, someone from this Forum will provide better answer, or subsequently post your query in to [Forum: ERP Financials|;

Few Reference:

[Thread 1: Section code|]

[Thread 2: Section code|]

[Thread 3: Section code|]

[Thread 4: Section code|]

Hope, this may give you some idea.

As far as, your second error is concerned, though, youu2019re aware of the reqd. settings, though, you may refer:

Assign element with T. Code: FS00 or Make a default assignment via T. Code: OKB9 or directly in the master data of the cost element, i.e. T. Code: KA01/ KA02.

If you do not want to post to CO then delete the cost element in T. Code: KA04

Again, a better view, will be provided by FI-Personnel.

Best Regards,

Amit

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sumitra,

You can take help of FI people to fix the issue.

Ask FI people to assign Cost object to the G/L account xxxxxx.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.