cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HR Documents OAWD Error at Infotype level assignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

iam trying to store the documents through OAWD, in here i'm able to store the document at the employee document level, using assign then store, ie.. giving only the employee No, it stores the document to the employee,

but the problem is iam not able to store the same document at the info type level, ie.. along with the employee No if i provide the info type also, it gives me an error message .

"Error while assigning facsimile incorrect Infotype , Message No PG414,

This behavior is strange at OAWD transaction, as i could see for the same Employee and the infotype is working fine at OAAD Transaction, but the same which is throwing this error at OAWD Transaction.

Pls can any one tell me how to assign an Document at the infotype from OAWD transaction.

Thanks and regards

J Sari

Edited by: jsaritha on Sep 10, 2009 10:52 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

pls do it through oaw5

Regards

SURYA

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i think u r not defined HR document type and respective Infotype in workflow settings.

please check

it would work

Benakaraja

??P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

Can u pls confirm if attaching documents are working fine at the infotype Level from your end,

As if i maintain any document with the same document type through OAAD it is working fine, and i could find the document at the PA30 Transaction Display Facsimile.

Thanks and regards

J Sari,

Former Member
0 Kudos

configure the steps in oaw5 and then use oaad/oawd........................

Reagrds

SURYA

Former Member
0 Kudos

COnfigure the infotype link table in SPRO u2192 Personnel Management u2192 Personnel Administration u2192 Tools u2192 Optical Archiving u2192 Set up Optical Archiving in HR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Athol,

Your Solution really works

for the document type which i configure it Appears in the Assign Facsimile List of Document Type, but when i choose the document Type for assigning any file from the desktop it asks for the Barcode entry. Enter a Barcode (required entry) Message No OA291,

can you pls tell me if there is any setting or configuration to over come this, where in i can manually assign documents from desktop in Assign Facsimile Procedure,

we are not using Barcode procedure as it might involve a Development and a Barcode scanner,

Thanks and Regards

J Sari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nope, the only way we discovered to get around this was with an enhancement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Athol,

Thanks for your Response,

just let me know,

How big is this development to deactivate the system which asks for Barcode,and make the system to ask the File to be browsed by the User, i think if this is a Big development then it is better to Upload file through OAAD or OAWD Transaction,

or is that you are speaking of the Development that has to be done for Activating the Barcode funtionality, pls suggest how this Barcode funtionality can be made use of, i hear it requires an Barcode Scanner, or Barcode Reader / Generator ???

Thanks in Advance

J Sari,

Former Member
0 Kudos

We;ve never used the barcode option as it would not be practical for electronic documents like word documents or emails which you would have to print and scan.

The simplest solution is to add 3 buttons to the side of the HR transaction, one for attaching documents (linked directly to OAWD rather than menu path option with bar coding), one for display specific facsimile/document and the other for displaying all documents.