cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display entry history

Former Member

I am not sure which category I should post my question so please let me do here as a general question.

Where can I set up on SAP GUI to display entry history?

For example, if you type 'z' on the program name field on SE38 screen, all program name beginning with 'z' you used in the past appears on the field.

Some users can do that but others don't. I am not sure how the set up is different.

We use SAP GUI 720.

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,

Miki

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member533946
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi dear,

Go to Customize local layout (ALT+F12) -> Options -> Local data -> place the radio button on history on

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny & Deepak,

Thank you for your information.

As I see the user(who can't display history)'s GUI option, radio button 'on' is selected but the path for the local directory are not defined(blank). And also there is a message 'You can't change the path from SAP GUI session' below the field.

Do you have any idea where I can define the local directory for the input history?

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards,

Miki

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my case, path is C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\SAP\SAP GUI\History

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

My question is where I can define the path. I can't change it on the option screen as the field is protected to change.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Miki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I found where I can change the path for input directory.

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards,

Miki

0 Kudos

It's very irritating when you say you found the solution yet didnt bother to post it when many have spent time and effort trying to help you.

Anyways here's the solution:

In SAP GUI 7.2 the Directory for Local Data is greyed out.

You need to goto the registry as displayed below.Double click the Data Path , enter a right path , make sure you have access to that path and exit.

Then login to SAP goto a transaction and enter values , step out and back, history should be displayed.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you will click on, Options in GUI there is option Local Data. Under Local data, you will get history option. There you can maintain this settings.

Thanks

Sunny