cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to block a customer so that deliveru cannot be created

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

Need a standard solution on how to block a customer so that the delivery cannot be created

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183501
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ansh

You have two option to  block the Customer .

1- Go through XD02 &  Enter Customer code & Hit Enter Then Go through- Extra- Blocking Data-Delivery Block (All Sales area [ ] & here for eg you may give 01 (Credit limit) & Save.

2-Go through VD05 & Enter Customer code - Delivery Block (All Sales area [ ] & here for eg you may give 01 (Credit limit) & Save.

Still any query do let me know.

Thx

Kamlesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose & Kamlesh

I tried the option you and Jose suggested at first BUT saw that after blocking the customer centrally for all the Sales area one can still create a delivery.My requirement is that the delivery should not be created at ALL.I have the custom solution for using user exit but that i kept it for last if this is not achived by standard then i will go with custom code changes in user exit.

joseantonio_martinez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ansh:

The standard behavior is block the delivery creation if you block the sold to and ship to in XD05/VD05.

So is not necessary to use a user exit.

If you enter delivery block correctly for sold to and ship to it will works correctly.

After I blocked the customer if i try to create the outbound delivery in VL01N this is the error message:

If is not working right, check with the help of an ABAP the process, maybe you have a custom change that affect on this.

Regards Antonio Martinez.

former_member183501
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes agreed with Jose same is being showed in my testing.

Thx

Kamlesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamlesh

So did you block sold-to Centrally OR Ship-to centrally?

I have tested again today I am still able to create delivery.

Any suggestion on this to achieve this by what you had done. and the block you put in Customer master....in the config where the check mark is for the delivery reason?

joseantonio_martinez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ansh:

I test with both options if the sales order have the same customer in sold to and ship to, I blocked sold to, but when I enter a different ship, I blocked only ship to and it works fine for both scenaries.

Please check the screen for both scenaries.

a) Sold to blocked.

Sold to blocked:

Please check it and revert.

Antonio Martinez

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose

thanks for the reply

My question to you is for the delivery block "01" how the check marks are maintained in Config.

joseantonio_martinez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ansh:

You need to check in this path:

SPRO --> Logistics execution --> Shipping --> Deliveries --> Define reasons for blocking in shipping:

- Deliveries: Blocking Reasons/Criteria

- Delivery Blocks

Maybe is missing assing the delivery type and reason for blocking in the second part.

Please check it and revert.

Regards Antonio Martinez

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jose

I checked the config settings ...i saw the client changes the standard "01" to thier needs..but checks looks smilar to what your "01" look slike and the block is assigned to the del.typ as well.

So my scenario is I want to put a block on DO creation on sold-to.

So 1 Sold-to can have 10 ship-to.....So if i pu the Block on sold-to ONLY will it stop DO creation?

joseantonio_martinez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ansh:

If you only block the sold to, and the sales order have  different ship to, is possible to create the outbound delivery, because for outbound delivery the right partner is ship to.

For that scenario is necessary to block the sold to, and also all the the ship to. (10 ship to for your scenario)

Sometimes is difficult because the same ship to could be used for other sold to, so in our company we create different ship to for each sold to, to avoid this problem.

If is not clear yet, please let me know.

Regards Antonio Martinez

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose

YES you are correct..

We have custom code written where its stating that to block delivery if the code see the delivery block in sold-to customer master.I am explaining them that this functionality is possible without the code if we put a block on Sold-to and ship-to applicable....

BUT one more thing I see on the checkmark on the Delivery blocks configured that it only checkmark from Ddue list and not in order's...If we put a check mark in Order then what gonna happen?

joseantonio_martinez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ansh:

Thanks for the feedback!!

If you mark "order block" won't be possible to save the order:

Regards Antonio Martinez

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose

also wanted to confirm what will happen if I put the delivery block at All sales area under DELIVERY BLOCK...supposeDelivery block "01" and in config the checkmark is at Order(the very 1st column)

I tried creating the order ..I was able to create and save the order

joseantonio_martinez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the feedback, is true, with delivery block you can block creation of deliveries.

Regards Antonio.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

joseantonio_martinez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ansh:

Use XD05 or VD05 to block the customer in the sales area you want.

Regards Antonio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose

Actualy I tried this but after blocking in xd05/vd05 at delivery block still i can create delivery with the info matory pop up message.I want to stop creation of a delivery

joseantonio_martinez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ansh:

Have you tried also to block the ship to party, because if s different from sold to, will be possible to create the outbound delivery.

Check it and revert.

Antonio Martinez