cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GR of mixed items on a pallet (initially material numbers are unknown)

ayhanakkaya
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello SAPers

I have a situation here and need to brainstorm with the experts:

Client has a Legacy system and we are in position to install a new SAP instance.

It's a Central Bank and do not sell anything to the public (SD functionality is not exist at all).

However we distribute our bank notes to the Financial Institutions (daily banking).

After a while the bank notes become unusable (burned or ripped off) and return back to us for replacement with the new bank notes.

here is my USE CASE:

The unusable Bank Notes return to the Central Bank on a pallet and the denominations are all mixed ($5, $10, $20, $50 and $100).

We don't know how many pieces of each of them initially and the dollar value as well.

All we know is the sender and a pallet of mixed bank notes.

After we QA and identify each denomination we do classifications X pieces reusable and Y pieces unusable.

Now we need to place the good ones in the inventory with the identififed material number and the dollar value as well.

MY question is what would be the best approach for Good Receipts and placing the good ones in the IM/WM after QA result??

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Best regards,

Egri Bodik

WM Consultant

Edited by: Egri Bodik on Jul 7, 2010 7:40 PM

Edited by: Egri Bodik on Jul 7, 2010 8:13 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would push to have the bills separated by denomination for the GR so you have separate receipts for each

I would receive the total amount in full for each denom and only then disposition the material. You could use different reason codes in SAP for scrapping the bad ones so you would have better tracability of the cause for desroyed material.

and more control of the inv. by limiting authorization to the scrapping transaction

Move the good ones to unrestricted and the bad ones to blocked to prepare for the scrapping transaciton.

just my thoughts on a method, hope it helps