cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FormID per Form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To better support our customers we are creating a database wherein we store all the queries, query categories from our customers installations. We also wish to know what formatted searches our customers use. I know I can query the CSHS table for this but this table only containes the FormId's the ItemId's and the ColumnId's. I also know I can find out what FormId is what form by using the DebugData but I wonder if there is some kind of exhaustive list with all the forms/items/columns with there respective ID's.

Does anybody if this is available somewhere?

Kind regards,

Ivo Vink

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

AlexGrebennikov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

here is a smart link: /people/lutz.morrien3/blog/2004/10/01/all-sap-business-one-formtypes-at-one-look

Former Member
0 Kudos

Brilliant!!!!!

THX a lot. I hope I will find the ItemID's and columns in the same manner!

barend_morkel2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ivo,

The Form ID "0" is not in that list. If you need to intercept system messages - this would be the ID you would use. (Form ID "0" = system messages)

Thus any confirmation, error etc. boxes popped up by SBO will have Form ID "0".

Just in case you need it....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ivo,

I think one of the functionalities of my soon-to-be-released application solves the documentation need that you mentioned.

With a couple of mouse clicks you get an Excel workbook with query details, including the form titles that the query is used in.

You'll need a couple of more mouse clicks to get a PowerPoint presentation for each of the fields that has a formatted search on it.

You may have a look at a small subset of example output at

http://xprts.biz/files/small_sample.zip

I am not aware of a document containing full metadata mapping from UI items/columns to DB tables & columns. One of these days someone may write a piece of code that loops through forms & items and extracts these mappings ;-).

HTH

Juha

former_member185703
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Re:

" am not aware of a document containing full metadata mapping from UI items/columns to DB tables & columns. One of these days someone may write a piece of code that loops through forms & items and extracts these mappings ;-)."

This is impossible anyway because at some points UserDataSources are used... so it needs more than a bit of code to accomplish this task

Best regards,

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, this was easier than I thought.

In order to find out DB-mappings of for each form item

you "just" have to rip off the XML and transform it with

an XSL.

If you want to do-it-yourself then you can start with a

code snippet provided by Sebastien:

Check an example output (beware: there is an advertisement)

http://xprts.biz/files/XML_Form_Check_Fund.xml

HTH

Juha

Answers (0)