cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

field Model number for SAP material

0 Kudos

Hi,

I need a field in material master to enter " MODEL Number" which is different than SAP Number and is unique per material number. I am not sure to use ?Ind. Std Desc" (Industry Standard Description) on basic data2 "MARA . NOMRT? or Basic Data Text or Inspection Text or Internal Comment under additional data tab for this purpose. Do you have any suggestion? Do you know of a good resource for the best practices for Material Master Fields?

Please help me to find the model number field..quick answer is rewrdful..

Thanks,

Suryakant Baranwal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Thanks for responses, It's solved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ~

If you need to display this (Model number) value in the output of the reports or if you want to send it to external systems using an IDOC then donot use the Basic Data Text or Inspection Text or comment. You can use these texts only when some one wants to view it MM03 or some requirement that need to copy this text to the transactional documents like Sales document item, etc...

Other option - Check that if the field 'International Article Number (EAN/UPC)" field is available in your system to use it for this requirement. This value is unique for material. But before using it please do the research/analysis about what are the impacts and concerns using this field (with external systems & your R/3 system).

So, depending up on requirement use Basic Data Text or Inspection Text or comment or some unique number like UPC.

Thanks,

~ Srikanth.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am really thankful to you for quich answer,

I got one ITOB view where i have manufacturer model number,

Is there any table where material number is the primary key and i can pich the Manufacturer serial number and manufacturer model number from there..

Thanks,

Suryakant Baranwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try using the following tables. These tables are having the SAP secondary Index on the Material field.

1. IFLOT - Functional Location (Table) - Index M

2. EQUI - Equipment master data - Index A

Srikanth.