Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error generating release against scheduling agreement (cause 6) in ME38

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Need your inputs on the the below error getting generated in ME38

Error generating release against scheduling agreement  (cause 6)

Message no. 06857

Diagnosis

The function module for generating a scheduling agreement release (forecast delivery schedule or JIT delivery schedule) has run up against an error, causing processing to be terminated.

In this case the cause of the error is 6.

System Response

The error may involve one of the following situations:

1: The nature of the error cannot be specified precisely.

2: The forecast delivery schedule or the JIT delivery schedule was generated but no message record could be generated.

3: A document type for which the functions "Generate forecast delivery schedule" or "Generate JIT delivery schedule" are not defined may be involved.

4: A material for which the function "Generate JIT delivery schedule" is not defined may be involved.

5: A scheduling agreement that has not yet been released by all persons responsible may be involved.

6: The factory calendar has not been maintained correctly.

Procedure

• Error source 1:
    Check whether the vendor and plant shown in the PO actually exist in the system.
  • Error source 2:
    Check the Customizing facility for message determination with respect to delivery schedules created under scheduling agreements (print operation '9').
  • Error source 3:
    In Customizing, maintain the document types accordingly ( Define document types for scheduling agreement). Then create a new scheduling agreement with a document type for which release documentation is defined.
  • Error source 4:
    Maintain the JIT delivery schedule indicator in the material master record.
  • Error source 5:
    Have the scheduling agreement released by the person(s) responsible.
  • Error source 6:
    If you are using a release creation profile without aggregation, you must maintain the factory calendar for the next 999 days

Regards,

Santosh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This error is caused due to release creation profile not valid for calendar of plant.

Kindly the resolution from below KBA and implement the same.

KBA: 1893746 - ME84 : Error message "ME 857"

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mallinath and Dev,

Thanks for the response.

I am referring the above note and will update you on this regard.

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mallinath,

I referred the note and following are the observarion in the system.

• Step1:Run T-code SE16 (table T001W) to check the calendar ID of the plant.

-----Referred the Calendor ID

• Step2: Check the JIT/Forecast delivery schedule of release creation profile in customizing. (T-code OLME -> Scheduling Agreement -> Maint. Rel. Creation Profile for Sched. Agmt. w. Rel. Docu.)
  • Run T-code SCAL to adjust the period of the calendar ID which checked in STEP 1 according to the JIT/Forecast delivery schedule of the release creation profile which checked in STEP 2.

(For example, if the JIT/Forecast delivery schedule of the release creation profile is "999" days, then the calendar should be extended for the next 999 days at least)

---------In this case factory calendor is valid till 2015 and according to note needs to change the factory calendor till 2018( or for 999 days) ?

Waiting for your inputs.

Thanking you,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes as per the note if the JIT/Forecast delivery schedule is maintained in release creation profile for 999 days , then you need to extended calender foe next 999 days for your JIT release.

So extend the year upto mid of 2017 or better 2018.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mallinath,

Thank for the reply.

I will change the factory calendor in Devt and update you on the progress.

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mallinath,

Now I am checking in development server,  for some S.Agreement working and some for not.

Even I tried to compare the scheduling agreements but not finding any changes.

REgards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should analyze  the release creation profile and ID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mallinath and Dev

The issue got fixed but it is very strange.

Removed creation profile in scheduling agreement @ item level and able to generate the s.lines.

Thanks for your inputs.

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can close the thread, please check the below doc how to close the thread

http://scn.sap.com/community/support/blog/2013/04/03/how-to-close-a-discussion-and-why

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Isn't the message's "System Response" and "Procedure" has explained everything.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dev,

Thanks for the respone.

I checked for casuse-6 in SPRO setting, the factory calendor is valid from 1995 to 2015 and it is working fine with other scheduling agreement and not for a perticular agreement.

Regards,

Santosh

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then you should find the differences between these two schedule agreements.