cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document removal in [Bank statement - select items]

former_member720149
Discoverer
0 Kudos

If I want to remove the payment documents in "Bank statement - select items", the standard approach is to either confirm or reverse the payment document.

But in my case, I have some payment document which is in 2018, 2019, and 2020 and the fiscal years had been carried over to the balance already. If the bank statement is closed by unselected data in the past already, it seems it's impossible to delete/remove the documents in the (Bank statement - select items) screen when the balance is carried over.

If these documents continue to appear in the future, it seems its a issue with user confusion.. so I want to check if there is a way to solve it.

in the current situation, can't I remove these kind of past documents at the Bank statement - select items?

Do you think there is no choice but to keep the documents appearing on the screen till in the future?

I would appreciate if you could share any ideas and knowledge in this..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

frank_jahnigen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Yuni,

As discussed via incident, items in Step 2 (Select Items) for manual bank statements are candidates for confirmation on this bank account.

These position would show as open in the cash ledger and in pertinent reports as 'Payment List for Reconciliation' irrespective of g/l balances having been carried over.

Ultimately those transactions will have to be dealt with in order to satisfy a coherent matching of cash account balances.

A confirmation in a later bank statement would lead to a realization on the bank g/l account and a neutral posting for respective check or bank transit account in the current open period (possibly including adjustments as to PC/Segment depending on applied Reporting Principle).

This is a necessary step in E2E payment and bank statement processing and the expected behaviour.

Best Regards,

Frank