Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference of Bank key and Bank Account

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can Some one guide me to unsderstand the maning of,

1) Bank Key and Bank Account in Vendor Master ?

2) Bank Key and Bank Account number in FI12 Tcode ?

3) Because My understanding is In FI12 T Code those are our company code banks thorugh which payment is done to Vendors correct me if Iam wrong.

Points will be awarde.

Regards,

Pallavi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member

Hi,

Bank key is a system object that identifies a bank. In Customizing for Global Settings, define the bank number as the bank key by choosing Set Countries -> Set Country-Specific Checks. You specify the bank key under which bank data from the respective country is stored.

Bank key is a registered number given by RBI (in India) to banks (corporate number) it is customised at country level.

Bank Account Number is a unique identification key for a bank account. It is your account number in the respective Bank. To enter any bank account number in the old format, split the number into three parts and enter them in the Bank Key, Bank Account, and Reference Details fields respectively. For example, to enter a customeru2019s bank account number 12345678-12345678-1234-12345-123-1234 in its master record, enter it as follows:

- Bank Key: 12345678

- Bank Account: -12345678-1234-

- Reference Details: 12345-123-1234

I hope it will help.

If helpful, please assign points.

Regards,

Manju

michal_balaban
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ramon,

you can use the full length SWIFT as Bank key, e.g. ARABJOA1023, ARABJOAY100, ARABJOAXDLR and so on. And all these entries can then have the same Bank Number ARAB.

But the best practice seems to be to create one single bank ARABJOAXXXX, as all the "ARAB banks" seem to use the SWIFT code of the head office (XXX).

Best regards
Mike

Ramon_Chacon_R1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I Can someone guide me, i.e. I have a supplier from Country JO, I create as bank key the SWIFT, but when I sent payments using ACH, the Bank key is included as bank number and the file is rejected because the bank number should be a 4 digit numeric value, but where Can I get this bank number?

I found i.e. that for ARAB Bank the bank number is ARAB, and the file was accepted, but what happend IF I have different suppliers from JO but with different SWIFT codes? then I can not repeat ARAB as Bank key, because this is a unique value.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pallavi,

Press F1 help in the Bank key field, this is the information you find there:

Bank key you specify the bank key under which bank data from the respective country is stored.

When you define the country key, you also specify the country-specific definition of the bank key.

Normally, you manage banks using their bank number. The bank number in the control data for the bank is then displayed twice, that is, as the bank key too.

In certain countries, the bank account number takes on this function; then there are no bank numbers and the bank data is managed using the account number.

For data medium exchange, you may find it useful to be able to enter foreign business partners without a bank number, even if there are bank numbers in the country in question. In this case, the bank key can be assigned internally.

To manage bank data using another key, for example, the SWIFT code, external number assignment can also be used.

Bank Account number is your account number in the respective Bank.

Please reward points if helpful.

Regards,

Sreekanth....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Bank key is a country unique number and is called routing number. The account ID is a user definable field that allows you to "name" your bank accounts at your bank using any convention you prefer.

Regards

Sunil