Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data migration from SAP B1 to S4HANA Public Cloud

Karthik_Gali
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are currently planning on the Data Migration project to migrate data from SAP Business One(B1) to S4HANA public cloud.

In the below link Migration options between SAP B1 and S4HANA Public Cloud 

@Yong_Yu  mentioned "you can use S/4 Migration Cockpit to migrate legacy data from B1 HANA table to S/4 directly". I have the following questions regarding this statement.

1. Does the above statement mean to use the Migration cockpit(Fiori App ID: F3473) to download the corresponding master/transaction data Templates, fill the templates and then upload these templates to the cockpit, to complete the migration process ? or any other alternative suggested here ?
  2. If using data templates, I would like to know, whether there are any alternatives available to automate the data transfer from SAP B1 to these templates or are these templates supposed to be filled done manually ?

Thank you!

Regards,
Karthik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sybille
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Karthik,

you use the SAP S/4HANA migration cockpit (Fiori App ID: F3473) for the initial data load to S/4HANA public cloud.

The migration cockpit provides migration objects - there you find templates on what dated can be loaded to S/4HANA public cloud.

In our case, coming from B1, you first need to think about how you will set up your S4 system (business processes). Then you know which migration objects you use (so which master data). Next step would be to get the data out of B1, map this data to S4, and then populate the templates. 

regards, sybille

Karthik_Gali
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Sybille for the detailed explanation! You have already confirmed couple of my assumptions. I would like to know whether we can automate the process of "Next step would be to get the data out of B1, map this data to S4, and then populate the templates" atleast populating of templates, as filling the templates manually does not seem practical.