cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data inconcistenices due to check on GRPVL field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have not gone for concurrent employement solutuion, ie., not activated. But, getting inconsistencies in the data while accessing/updating country specific ESS applications (Personal Data, Bank details etc.,) due to check on GRPVL field. When I run the report RPUFIXDS, it is showing all the inconsistencies with data and am able to correct those with this program. Once, all error corrected, the PA tables are updating GRPVL field with respective country grouping.

Question is, while creating Master data, PA tables are not storing with any values in GRPVL. In the first instance, this shouldn't be required to update when we not using concurrent employee. As we are not activated concurrent employee system shouldn't check this field GRPVL while accessing ESS. Please give solution to this issue.

The error is : "Data record &1 has grouping value "" instead of &2

Thanks,

Purandhar P

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Purandhar,

Go to table T77S0 and activate switch CCURE PC UI with value X and maintain the entry. Your issue will be resolved.

Arti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arti,

Thanks for your reply.

May be I didn't make the question clear.

I think, this GRPVL is used only when concurrent employee is active. If that is the case, we no need to concentrate on GRPVL field whether it is getting populated or not. The problem we are facing is while editing ESS applications (personal data, bank data etc.,) the system throwing the error message "Data record &1 has grouping value "" instead of &2". I believe this type of inconcistencies occur only when you activate concurrent employee ( hope this check is only in concurrent to check field value GRPVL for grouping values).

Even, I tried your changes but system is still giving errors in portal.

Please let me know if anybody knows the solution. (main thing is I don't want to activate any concurrent employee solution).

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes...for the data inconcistency error you need activate the CCURE PC UI switch which will read the table T582G and T582A settings and put the proper grouping value while maintaining the new record. Even though it comes under CE, still it reads the IT's framework and decision on grouping value.

But this switch will not fix your past record. This will be a fix going forward.

For past records you need to run RPUFIXDS and correct the data inconcistency.

I hope this helps.

Arti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arti,

Thanks for the reply.

yes .. the problem has been solved after making this switch on. I didn't realized that this switch is for this purpose and available in ESS IMG area.

Thanks for your help.

Purandhar P

Former Member
0 Kudos

You're welcome...

One more thing, take care of Ref PERNR IT0031.

I dont know if you're using it but the scenario might occur, when you maintain IT's like benefits for one PERNR then system will IT0031 and copy the same record for the related REF PERNR. To deactivate this kind of vague process, delete the same IT's entry from T582G and make it "text allowed" in T582A.

Please close the thread if problem solved.

Arti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arti,

I am learning many things with this switch.

Once I activated this switch, we are facing problem that data is not loading for infotypes 0002, 0006 etc., when we upload using some IDOC process/conversions. When I checked the tables T582G and T582A these infotypes are assigned to some grouping reasons which are for concurrent employement functionality. I have removed the grouping reasons against each infotype instead of deleting from the tables, and its worked...... No data consistancy errors, no other errors in data upload.......

Am I doing the correct process ???? I am not sure why SAP given this complicated solution for ESS and mixing with concurrent functionality....

Thanks once again,

Purandhar P

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is correct...Just one more thing...I always tell my team members once you activate this switch and make some change...run the whole payroll starting from time to posting and make sure everything is working correctly.

I hope this helps.

Arti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arti,

Thanks,

One more finding.

I have removed the groping reasons ( I think all these reasons for concurrent employement and attachment to a class module) against each infotype said in table V_T582G, and then switched off the PC_UI flag, then created employees and found that no data inconcistancies.

So, I think instead of switch on this, we can also removed the grp reasons attached to each inoftype. it worked well and not showing data inconsistancies.

And, I am not bouthered about payroll as of now. ... So, what I am going to do ie switch off back this flag and removed grp reasons from table V_T582G,, which is resolving my problem in master data entry in PA30/40, data inconsistancies for infotypes 2,6,9 etc., and ESS applications data inconsitancy.

Hope I this is Ok.. Please confirm back your openion.

finally I found that there are 3 solutions for this..(options)

1) remove 'copy infotype' option for the infotypes in V_T582A

2) remove groping reasons against each infotype in V_T582G without activating the switch.

3) activate switch and remove grp reasons in V_T582G.

May be my client go for concurrent employemnt solution in phase, bearing in mind what would you suggest.

Thanks,

Purandhar