cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer and Vendor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We do have a scenario where my customer and the vendor are the same. We will be creating different master data and make the link in them.

However we need the same number for both masters. Is it possible to maintain the same number for customer master and vendor master?

Pls advise.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi friend

I think it is not possible if no ranges are different but , but if the vendor no. range is external then you can create the same vendor with the same number how the customer has been created. Say for example , you have created customer internally and the customer number is 1000. So if the vendor number range is external then when you create you can give 1000 and you can create 1000 as vendor only. But that is not a proper and systematic way to process

When you create vendor , then you can assign the customer also , in the customer number field .That tells the system that this vendor is also a customer for us.

Regards

Srinath

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Creating two different nos for a single account, one as customer and one as vendor might not be possible and more over it will create a lot of head ache both for us and the system

In CMR you can specify the same account can also act as vendor

In VMR you can specify the same account can also act as customer

If the customer acts as vendor then you create a vendor in XK01and assign this no in the vendor field

By doing so the a/c receivable and payable can be seen in single screen from FI side

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

In my opinion, same number can't be used for your Customer & Vendor.

Best Regards,

Amit