Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current System Date is not an open or authorised accounting period

former_member282786
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Has anyone come across this system error message when running a Manual Internal Recon for a Supplier from Business Partners Module:

"Current System Date is not an open or authorised accounting period"

I couldn't find a post on it in the forum.

The scenario:

December 2010 Posting Period is Unlocked

November 2010 & January 2011 Posting Period are Locked

Suppliers transactions to be reconciled average between August 2010 to December 2010, the Suppliers Currency is USD, the Recon Date is 25/01/2011 (todays date), the database LC = ZAR, SC = ZAR therefore making the USD = FC, Recon total = zero (after ticking relevant postings) > Reconcile > Gives above error message

I tested x3 scenarios:

- Change Recon Date to 31/12/2010 (as December 2010 period is Unlocked) = Recon reconciles

- Open the January 2011 Posting Period = Recon Reconciles

- Reconcile any Local supplier = LC (ZAR) Supplier with the same Recon Date (25/01/2011) = Recon Reconciles

With the above mentioned it looks like something to do with Exchange Rates based off Recon Date trying to pull from January 2011 but can't because Jan 2011 Posting Period is Locked.

Any ideas on the error message or why this may happen.

Regards

Kurt Walters

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thats true, based on reconciliation transaction you will need to have todays date opened for reconciliation to post this transation and it will take current exchange rate on positing the reconciliation to 25/01/2011 and you will need to Unlock the posting period for Nov 2010 and Jan 2011 now your issue will be resolved.

Regards,

Rakesh N

former_member282786
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh

Thanks very much for the reply, your answer has agreed to what I have said so I will consider this message closed now, thanks for the help much appreciated.

Gordon - I am aware of this as per my post, just wanted to check as LC can post fine with the Period being closed but the FC will not based on the Recon Date, as per Rakesh agreement due to the FC looking at the Recon Date as well as Exchange Rate for that recon date and Period not open it will gives an error message.

Thanks both for your replies, much appreciated.

Regards

Kurt Walters

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kurt Walters,

System message is clear: Current System Date must be within an open period in order to complete your reconciliation.

Thanks,

Gordon