cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch managed stock for service part

0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

This is question for S4 HANA Public Cloud 2308.

I would like to ask for advice about batch managed service part. Our customer has critical requirement that they would like to apply batch for service part. However, I tested service process flow but I will get an error in service confirmation to enter batch. There is no batch field that I can input in any service document.

I tried applied configuration of batch determination for inventory management but it seems work for material document from MIGO but not from service confirmation.

Then I tried to find BADI about material document and service confirmation. There are quite limited BADI. I didn't the proper BADI to use.

Is here any way we can achieve this requirement? Do you know any BADI or other enhancement method that we can use?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Krishnan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi pete.lantharntong -

We currently dont support Batch in the Service process as yet in Public Cloud. Hence its not feasible with the current solution that the customer can utilize Batch in their process.

Regards,

Krishnan

0 Kudos

Thank you, Krishnan.

Yes, I understand that standard SAP doesn't support this.

Is there any BADI or enhancement spot that we can apply our logic to bypass this error and update batch in material document?

DeanMG
Explorer
0 Kudos

pete.lantharntong

An option here may be to use a combination of Custom Fields, Custom Logic and CBO's (Custom Business Objects) to achieve this. I've seen no other extensibility options for this, BADI's nor enhancement spots

Good luck!

varunvenkat
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi deangatinho,

thanks for your input! Could you elaborate a little bit on how exactly the combination of custom field, custom logic and CBO would work to address the problem. I investigated this as well, and the main problem is that it isn't possible to enter the Batch number in the Service Confirmation, as there is no field for this. This is why, as Tepsait mentioned, you can only do a MIGO booking, but this doesn't set the service confirmation to complete, due to which the confirmation item cannot be billed.

Would be interested to hear any further specifics on how your idea using extensibility could help solve this bottleneck.

Best regards
Varun