cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability check not proposing new schedule line date if the existing stock was consumed by a future date order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

We have below requirement from client. I request your guidance here.

Here is our scenario

Stock as on today (07-11-2014) is 100 units for Material A.

There is a PO created for the same material (100 units) and delivery date for the same is 15-11-2014

I had created a sales order for 100 untis with today's date as a requested delivery date and the stock got confirmed for 100 units and schedule line date was 07-11-2014

I had created a second order for 100 units with same requested delivery date and the proposed schedule line date for that was 15-11-2014

Now we had created a delivery for second sales order. I am expecting the schedule line date for first order to get changed to 15-11-2014 as the available stock on 07-11-2014 was consumed by a delivery created with reference to second sales order. Whereas schedule line date for first order is shown as 07-11-2014 only.

Is there anything I am doing wrong here?

Availability check Configuration

1. OVZ9 for sales orders

We have checked include purchase orders, sales order requrmnts and deliveries.

2. OVZ9 for deliveries

We had checkd include purchase orders and include deliveries.

Thanks & Regards,

Harish.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Harsha,

Generally system allow to create delivery based on the delivery date proposed in sales order but  if we change the date to future date while creating delivery then system will allow to create because the delivery creation date matches to delivery date. Once the quantities are confirmed based on delivery scheduling in sales order, based on that only we have to create delivery or else we have to change the confirmations in V_RA manually but still I have doubt that how system allowed you to create delivery for the second order with out changing delivery date or quantities(in 1st order).

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"Now we had created a delivery for second sales order. I am expecting the schedule line date for first order to get changed to 15-11-2014 as the available stock on 07-11-2014 was consumed by a delivery created with reference to second sales order. Whereas schedule line date for first order is shown as 07-11-2014 only."

For the created delivery (of the second order), what is the delivery date? Is it still 15th November? If so, then it is still 'assigned' to the PO on the 15th. The requirements in CO09 will always try to cover the requirement via the receipt that lies nearest to it in Co09.

If you have changed the delivery date of the created delivery to a date earlier than the 15th, then you need to execute rescheduling (V_V2) to correct the confirmations.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Noel,

Thanks for replying. Delivery date for the second order was also 07-11-2014. Since the qty was not available it has proposed the schedule line date to 15-11-2014. I have not changed the delivery date. I had just created a delivery for the second order and that was created with 15-11-2014 as delivery date.

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Guess, you have just created the delivery note and the goods issue is not yet done for the delivery note you have created for the second sales order. Please let us know if the PGI is done or not.

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the delivery of the date of the delivery for the second order = 15th November, then the system behaviour is correct. This is confirming against the PO.

The system should not move the confirmation of the first order to the 15th as it is already confirmed. System will always confirm to the receipt closest to it. It would not be logical for the system to confirm the delivery against the stock instead of the PO when the PO is right beside it.