cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Associate Wage type to Expense type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Gurus,

Iu2019m creating a new Expense type for individual receipts.

My problem is to associate de desired wage type to the travel expense type Iu2019ve created.

Iu2019ve already associated the wage type to the Symbolic account.

Any clues in what Iu2019m missing?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kannan_rajagopalan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Duarte,

Please check whether the below customiztion is done and let me know if you have any further clarification...

1. Create Travel Expense Type ( The one which is visible in PR05): follow the path - Financial Accounting (New) --> Travel Management > Travel Expenses > Master Data > Travel Expense Types > Create Travel Expense Types for Individual Receipts.

Create the required travel expenses there.

2. Assign wage type for the travel expense types created: follow the path - Financial Accounting (New) --> Travel Management > Travel Expenses > Master Data > Wage Types for Interfaces > Assign Wage Types to Travel Expense Types for Individual Receipts

when you go into this path, you will find the travel expense types which you have created in the earlier step. Select the expense type for which you need to assign the wage type and click the magnifier icon which is available in the left top. You can assign the wage type then.

3. Assign symbolic account for the wage type created: follow the path - Financial Accounting (New) --> Travel Management > Travel Expenses > Transfer to Accounting > Define Assignment of Wage Type to Symbolic Account.

Assign a two character symbolic account with a prefix "+".

4. Assign GL accounts for the symbolic account assigned: follow the path- Financial Accounting (New) --> Travel Management > Travel Expenses > Transfer to Accounting > Conversion of Symbolic Account to Expense Account.

Double Click HRT there, it will ask for chart of accounts, give your chart of accounts and then press enter. In the screen, select new entries, enter the symbolic account and its corresponding GL account.

note that instead of entering the prefix "+", you have to enter 1 as prefix here.

Save your entries.

Trust this clarifies.

Best Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raj,

Thank you for your detailed explanation, I had already performed all those steps.

My problem is that in step 2 the wage type Iu2019ve created in the previous step does not show up in the match code selection.

I found out that the wage type Iu2019m trying to use is missing from table T512W for the country grouping Iu2019m using.

Iu2019m now trying to update the table, if you have any clues in how to do it I would appreciate it.

Regards.

kannan_rajagopalan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you do the customization as what i have given?

Let me know in which step of the customization path i have given is going for a toss. So that i can check what is the problem.

I dont think you will get a problem if you create according my steps you will get problems.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raj,

The steps you have provided are perfectly correct and Iu2019ve used the same steps to create some other T&E receipts in the past.

The question is that this time there was an entry missing in table T512w. Donu2019t ask me why because I couldnu2019t find out.

Iu2019ve run a completeness check trough OH11 and confirmed that the wage type I wanted was missing in table T512W. I then used the copy function to create it.

Regards.

Answers (0)